Up/Downgrades (CNQ, C, COP, CTRP, CBST, DLR, HFWA, IEX, MGM, NSM, PNR, KWK, SLG, TSM, ADI, MXIM, MERU, NKA, OXY, PACW)
Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2011 07:55 Written by Danny Miller
New York, April 5th (TradersHuddle.com) – Following are some of the top upgrades and downgrades before the market open.
Canadian Natural (NYSE:CNQ), the Calgary, Alberta based independent crude oil and natural gas producer, was upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JP Morgan.
Citigroup (NYSE:C), the third largest U.S. bank, was upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Bernstein.
ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), the third largest U.S. energy producer, was upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JP Morgan.
Ctrip.com (NASDAQ:CTRP) was upgraded to a Positive from Neutral at Susquehanna.
Cubist Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CBST) was upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Robert W. Baird. The firm raised its target price to $35 from $22, expecting a strong open in the high $20s on major de-risking but would be buyers into the low $30s as it believes there can be residual gains as the Street works through fine points of the Cubicin settlement.
Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR) was upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at FBR Capital. The firm set its target price at $61, as it feels the company offers a compelling relative value versus a suburban office REIT, given its 10%+ earnings growth prospects in 2011-2012.
Heritage Financial (NASDAQ:HFWA) was upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Keefe Bruyette. The firm set its target price at $19.
IDEX Corp (NYSE:IEX) was upgraded to Outperform from Perform at Oppenheimer. The firm set its target price at $53, noting solid organic growth opportunities driven by leading niche market positions, favorable secular/cyclical trends and international penetration; strong balance sheet and cash flow that it expects to support a robust acquisition pipeline and potential upside to estimates from any Dispensing project activity not currently baked into its estimates.
MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM), the hospitality and gaming Company owner of properties like the Bellagio and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV, was upgraded to a Neutral from Sell at Janney Capital Markets. The firm set its target price at $14.
National Semiconductors (NYSE:NSM), the provider of analog and mixed-signal technologies for systems on a chip, was upgraded to a Hold from Sell at Citigroup, following bid from Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN).
Pentair (NYSE:PNR), the maker of filtration and water related products, was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Citigroup.
Quicksilver (NYSE:KWK), the Fort Worth, Texas based natural gas and oil exploration and production Company, was upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital.
SL Green Realty (NYSE:SLG) was upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at FBR Capital. The firm raised its target price to $79 from $74.
Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank.
Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI), the maker of integrated circuits for instrumentation, Maxim Integrated (NASDAQ:MXIM), the maker of linear and mixed-signal integrated circuits, and Meru Networks (NASDAQ:MERU) were downgraded to a Neutral from Outperform at Cowen.
Niska Gas Storage (NYSE:NKA) was downgraded to a Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse.
Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY), the crude oil and natural gas producer based in Los Angeles, CA, was downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital.
PacWest Bancorp (NASDAQ:PACW) was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Keefe Bruyette. The firm set its target price at $23.
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Activision Blizzard
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: BIDU, CTRP, VRTX
- Critical Alerts For ConocoPhillips, Estee Lauder, D.R. Horton, Noble, and Seattle Genetics Released By InvestorsObserver
- Critical Alerts For Citigroup, ENSCO International, Hasbro, Isis Pharmaceuticals, and Cree Released By InvestorsObserver
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Lower Top Performers: MAT, LIFE, CTRP
- Citi Opens New Branch in Washington, D.C.
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Research In Motion
Related Partner Headlines
- Citigroup to Slash 300 More Jobs: Report - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Lehman Trustee Settles With Citigroup: Report - TheStreet.com
- Bank Stress Tests are Cruel, But Fair: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Berkshire Dumps Most of J&J and GE Stakes; Adds Deere & Co. - Benzinga
- Bill Ackman Cuts Citigroup, Adds Procter & Gamble - TheStreet.com
- ConocoPhillips (COP): Today's Featured Basic Materials Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Citigroup Inc (C): Today's Featured Banking Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Citigroup Announces Redemption of Trust Preferred Securities Issued by Citigroup Capital XX - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲5.69 (0.16%)
In The Wires
Patheon Announces Changes to its Commercial Operations Structure
FTI Consulting Releases Realigned Segment Information Reflecting Newly Combined Health Solutions Practice
The Palmetto Bank Selects Investment Professionals Inc. (IPI) to Provide Wealth Management Services
NexGen Financial Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
Infinity Property and Casualty Holds Annual Meeting of Shareholders
Lounor Closes a $100,000 Private Placement
Miami Beach City Leaders Join Aimco Representatives to Officially Open a 1/3 Mile Section of the Baywalk to the Public
ONEOK to Donate $1 Million to Tornado Disaster-Relief Efforts in Oklahoma