Up/Downgrades (AA, APEI, ACAT, ECL, GTE, HPQ, HIBB, PEG, PII, SLM, SPWRA, SWFT, UA, YGE, ETN, EGO, IR, MSFT, NWY, NWSA, YZC)
Published on Monday, 22 August 2011 08:18 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) – Following are some of the top upgrades and downgrades before the market open.
Alcoa (NYSE:AA), the aluminum producer, was upgraded to a Buy from Neutral at Davenport.
American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) was upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital.
Artic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT) was upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Robert W. Baird. The firm set its target price at $21.
Ecolab (NYSE:ECL), the maker and provider of cleaning, sanitizing, pest control, maintenance and repair products and services, was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Citigroup.
Gran Tierra Energy (NYSE:GTE) was upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital.
Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ), the world’s largest PC maker, was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Auriga USA, following last week’s rout on weak outlook and announcement that it will spin off its PC business and halt its WebOS devices business.
Hibbett Sporting (NASDAQ:HIBB) was upgraded to a Strong Buy from Buy at Needham. The firm raised its target price to $47 from $45.
Public Service Enterprise Group (NYSE:PEG), the Utility Company operating in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Citigroup.
Polaris Industries (NYSE:PII), the maker of snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and personal watercraft, was upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Robert W. Baird. The firm set its target price at $130.
SLM Corp. (NYSE:SLM), the student loan Company also known as Sallie Mae, was upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse.
Sunpower (NASDAQ:SPWRA) was upgraded to a Hold from Sell at Auriga USA. The firm set its target price at $14.
Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT) was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Capstone.
Under Armour (NYSE:UA), the performance apparel, footwear and accessories maker, was upgraded to a Buy from Hold at Capstone.
Yingli Green Energy (NYSE:YGE), the China based photovoltaic modules maker, was upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray, following quarterly results last week. Yingli was also upgraded to a to Neutral from Underweight at HSBC Securities.
Eaton (NYSE:ETN), the diversified power management company, was downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities.
Eldorado Gold (NYSE:EGO), the Canadian gold miner with operations in Turkey, China, Greece and Brazil, was downgraded to a Buy from Action List Buy at TD Newcrest.
Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR), the maker of industrial air compressed systems, was downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), the world’s largest software publisher, was downgraded to a Neutral from Buy at Davenport.
New York & Co. (NYSE:NWY) was downgraded to a Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray.
News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWSA), the media company owner of the Fox News Channel and the Wall Street Journal, was downgraded to a Hold from Buy at Needham based on rising risk profile.
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. (NYSE:YZC) was downgraded to a Neutral from Overweight at HSBC Securities.
- Gran Tierra Energy Announces Successful Acreage Awards in Brazil
- Gran Tierra Energy Inc. Announces Record First Quarter 2013 Results
- Gran Tierra Energy to Host First Quarter 2013 Results Conference Call
- Gran Tierra Energy Announces Record Quarterly Production of 21,860 BOEPD and Operations Update
- C. Scott O'Hara Joins GNC Holdings, Inc. Board of Directors
- Gran Tierra Energy Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and 2012 Year-End Results
- Gran Tierra Energy Tests 1,984 Barrels of Oil per Day (18.5 Degree API) with Peru Discovery Well
- Gran Tierra Energy to Host Fourth Quarter and 2012 Year-End Results Conference Call
- Gran Tierra Energy Announces Oil Discovery in Peru
Related Partner Headlines
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Buy Toro, Stay Away From Marvell - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Don't Let Politics Get You Down - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (AA) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Outperform Rating, Lowers PT on American Public Education - Benzinga
- Is Alcoa Still Worth the Wait? - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Alcoa (AA) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Alcoa (AA) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Arctic Cat's Stealth Rally: Shares Have Almost Doubled in 2012 - Benzinga
- Ecolab Stock Hits New 52-Week High (ECL) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
The Cash Store Financial Services Inc. Files Amended Financial Statements
Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. Responds To Defamatory And Fraudulent Claim
New Custom Layouts for Business Website: All Included Custom Designs for Business Owners that Purchase SEO Package
How to Start Creating a .COM Website: Tips and Tutorials for Building New Websites with the Domain Extension of .COM Announced by ThreeHosts.com
Etiketka Design Agency Has Been Awarded with the Prominent Platinum A' Design Award
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Indiana Health Insurance Exchange
Voluntary Recall: Undeclared Sulphites in President's Choice® White Grape Juice
Range Kleen Partners with Berndes in Red Cross Promotion: Taking Care of Oklahoma