Neutral Short Term Pattern on Nash Finch
Published on Friday, 03 February 2012 23:39 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, February 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Nash Finch Company (NASDAQ:NAFC) closed the trading day higher by $0.54 or 1.87% from its previous close. Nash Finch's shares price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Nash Finch Company (NASDAQ:NAFC) is a food distributor that supplies products to independent supermarkets and military bases in the United States. The Company also owns and operates retail stores, principally supermarkets under the Econofoods, AVANZA, Family Thrift Center, Pickn Save, and Sun Mart trade names.
Nash Finch's current stock range is defined by a trough, which marks calculated support at $27.86 and by a peak that marked the resistance point at $29.39. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Nash Finch or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short term indecision.
Doji are important candlesticks that provide information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Nash Finch, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that stock will continue higher by taking today's intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines