Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. Announces Birmingham Hilton Garden Inn
Published on Thursday, 09 February 2012 09:08 Written by TradersHuddle StaffSIOUX FALLS, S.D.-( Business Wire )-
Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. (NYSE: INN) (the “Company”), a real estate investment trust (REIT) specializing in the ownership of premium-branded hotels in the upscale and upper midscale segments, today announced that the Company has signed a purchase contract on the following property:
- A 130-room Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham (Liberty Park), AL for a purchase price of $11.9 million including planned property improvements and a post-renovation, NTM capitalization rate in the range of 8.5 to 9.5 percent.
The transaction includes assumption of existing debt and the completion of the acquisition is subject to lender approval and satisfactory completion of due diligence and other customary closing conditions.
“Acquiring properties that represent top brands in top markets that provide great yields to our investors is exactly what we set forth in our strategy,” said Mr. Dan Hansen, the company’s president and chief executive officer. “This Birmingham Hilton Garden Inn is a perfect example of how we are continuing to execute on that strategy.”
About Summit Hotel Properties
Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. is a self-advised real estate investment trust focused on acquiring and owning premium-branded select-service hotels in the upscale and upper midscale segments. As of February 8, 2012, the company’s hotel portfolio consisted of 71 hotels with a total of 7,245 guestrooms located in 19 states. Additional information about Summit may be found at the Company’s website, www.shpreit.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains statements that are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934, as amended, pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are generally identifiable by use of forward-looking terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “potential,” “intend,” “expect,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “approximately,” “believe,” “could,” “project,” “predict,” “forecast,” “continue,” “plan” or other similar words or expressions. These forward-looking statements relate to the payment of dividends. Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and can include future expectations, future plans and strategies, financial and operating projections or other forward-looking information. These forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, not all of which are known to the Company and many of which are beyond the Company’s control, which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the state of the U.S. economy, supply and demand in the hotel industry and other factors as are described in greater detail in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including, without limitation, the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010. Unless legally required, the Company disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines