CHICAGO, Feb. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading electronics technology distributor Newark element14 announced it has donated components and tools to help Team Ursa Major to complete its entry into the 2012 FIRST Robotics Competition. This is the second consecutive year that the distributor has sponsored the Hammond High team, located in Maryland's Howard County.
The FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Competition was started in 1989 by well-known inventor Dean Kamen to motivate and encourage students to learn leadership skills and pursue opportunities in science, technology and engineering. This year's challenge, "Rebound Rumble," was launched on January 17th and gives competing teams just six weeks to design, build, and program a robot to collect and shoot basketballs. For Team Ursa Major, the first of several rounds of challenge "playoffs" begin on March 8-10 at the Baltimore Convention Center.
"We're proud to support the goals of FIRST and invite all the teams to use the resources of our engineering community to advance their projects," said Quintin Komaromy, Senior VP, Marketing, Newark element14. "element14 provides access to a wide range of technical information, expertise, products and services within a collaborative online environment. They can even find a download of a recent Dean Kamen webinar on innovation that we sponsored."
Editor's Note: A hi-res image of a Team Ursa Major member working on the project is available at http://www.ftp-newark.com/pr/FIRST.jpg
About Newark element14
Newark element14 is a high-service distributor of technology products and engineering solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair. Bringing together the latest products, services, and development software, all connected to an innovative online engineering community where purchasers and engineers can access peers and experts, a wide range of independent technical information and helpful tools. Whether researching a new technology, designing an electronic product, or looking for parts to repair an existing system, Newark element14 is the trusted source to find the answers and parts they need to keep projects on the fast track, right from the start.
For news updates from Newark element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/premier_farnell/publicrelations/
Twitter - @element14news; @newarkdesigner
YouTube – element14
Facebook – www.facebook.com/element14page
SOURCE Newark element14
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”