Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Thursday, 16 February 2012 11:52 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, February 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $428.9, representing 0.8% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having a broad rally with 24 index components trading higher.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $29.23, which represents 3.26%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $26.71 and resistance at $29.99.
Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $37.26 representing 2.22% from its previous close. Xilinx, the advanced integrated circuits maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $30.56 and $36.93 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT), which is trading at $56.64 representing 2.05% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) that is trading at $15.51 or -4.08% from the previous close. Shares of NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies have defined support at $13.50 and resistance at $16.62. Also among the worst performers is SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK), which is currently trading at $47.12 representing -1.17% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
Is Petrobras Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Boston Beer Breaks Resistance
Rowan Companies Is Near Resistance
FLIR Systems Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Is Avon Expecting Resistance Soon?
Vulcan Is Near its 200 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com