High Above Average Volume on Hess
Published on Friday, 24 February 2012 11:38 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES), early in the trading session. Hess is currently trading higher by 1.76%, so definitely the buyers stepping in, as the stock's volume is on pace to break its average.
Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) is a global integrated energy company based in New York, NY. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Production and Marketing and Refining.
Hess has already traded 0.805 times its 3-month average volume, and has calculated support and resistance at $54.10 and $67.02 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action moves through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading higher by 0.24% from its previous trading close, which means that Hess stock is outperforming the overall market.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines