MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS –McAfee today announced a series of technology advancements that deliver upon its vision of providing comprehensive mobile security and privacy protection for devices, data and apps. McAfee® Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM™) 10.0, available now, includes significant security updates for enterprise customers to enable ‘bring your own device’ practices in the enterprise. With EMM 10.0, IT professionals will have improved control to identify, secure, and assign policies to both employee- and business-owned smartphones and tablets.
“Mobile devices are continuing to grow rapidly and have become a staple in work life and play,” said John Thode, executive vice president and general manager of McAfee’s consumer, mobile and small business unit. “As a result, consumers and organizations need to ensure these devices are protected from device loss, data theft and malware that can be distributed via direct downloads, links, email attachments and text messaging. We’re excited about our 2012 line-up of mobile security products and the new features and functionality that will help smartphone and tablet users experience a worry-free mobile computing experience.”
Expanded Data Security, Application Security and Ease of Administration:
McAfee EMM software gives enterprises the ability to offer their employees mobile device choice, while delivering secure and easy access to mobile corporate applications. With secure mobile application access, strong authentication, and compliance reporting via the McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® platform, McAfee EMM software brings the same level of control to mobile devices — including employee-owned smartphones and tablets — that IT applies to laptops and desktops. New features and functionality include:
- Expanded Data Security: Email “Sandboxing” for iOS prevents corporate email from being forwarded from a personal mailbox; Block iCloud Backup for iOS prevents the user from moving corporate data from device to iCloud.
- Extended Security Policies: Next month, McAfee also plans to release EMM 10.1 which includes an integrated Secure Container for Android that segregates corporate email, calendar and contacts from personal data according to corporate security policies.
- Enhanced Application Security: Application Blacklisting for Android and iOS allows the administrator to define a set of applications and block access. Administrators can also block untrusted SSL certificates to prevent malicious site access.
- Ease of Administration: Bulk provisioning for Android and iOS expedites the authorization of mobile devices to large groups of enterprise users; increased scalability to enable management of up to 15,000 devices per server.
McAfee is also announcing a new version of McAfee VirusScan® Mobile Security for Enterprise. IT departments can now deploy comprehensive anti-malware security across all employee and business-owned Android devices. McAfee VirusScan Mobile prevents malware from entering the corporate domain with automatic, up-to-date scanning for malware in files, memory cards, applications, Internet downloads and text messages. Designed specifically for mobile devices, McAfee VirusScan Mobile for Enterprise is unmatched in ease of use, low power consumption, and rapid file scanning.
Enhanced Protection for Consumers:
Earlier this month, McAfee announced McAfee® Mobile Security 2.0 for consumers, which offers an all-encompassing approach to elude mobile security threats and to protect user’s privacy when using smartphones and Android tablets. McAfee Mobile Security combines powerful antivirus, anti-theft, call and SMS filtering, web and app protection. It was also recently awarded with the LAPTOP Magazine “Editors’ Choice” award for best mobile security app.
McAfee has been cementing its leadership position with many of the principal figures in the mobile industry including Lenovo, NTT Docomo, Softbank, Singtel, Vodafone Australia, Sprint and many others in order to continuously provide users with confidence to explore everything the new mobile world has to offer. When users select new apps, shop online, browse social networks, or use their phone for banking and payments, McAfee mobile security solutions are there to protect them.
For more information on McAfee’s consumer to enterprise mobile security offerings, please visit www.mcafee.com/mobilesecurity. McAfee can also be seen the week of Feb. 27 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain at the Intel booth in Hall 8 and at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, CA at McAfee Booth #1117 or Intel Booth #1324.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
Note: McAfee, VirusScan, EMM and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc., or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. ©2012 McAfee, Inc. All rights reserved.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines