Xilinx 7 Series FPGAs Highlight Industry 100G Technology Leadership in Optical and Wired OTN Solutions at OFC 2012
Published on Monday, 27 February 2012 07:22 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Best-in-Class Transceivers and Market-Leading IP Cores Provide Optical System Vendors and Next-Generation 100G Optical Module Suppliers with High Bandwidth Communication Platforms
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced participation at the Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exposition 2012 in Los Angeles, from March 6-8, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth #737. At the conference, attendees will see how Xilinx® 7 series FPGAs, including the Virtex®-7 2000T device, the world's highest capacity FPGA, can reach new levels of IP core integration to improve overall BOM cost while lowering total system power for next-generation OTN architectures. Xilinx experts will present the advantages of Stacked Silicon Interconnect (SSI) device portfolio with an unprecedented range of logic density and highest OTN-compliant transceiver count. Xilinx booth visitors can also preview the latest information on Virtex-7 HT FPGAs, built with four to sixteen 28 Gbps transceivers specifically designed to interface to next-generation CFP2 optics modules and up to seventy-two 13.1 Gbps transceivers offering up to 2.8 Tbps full duplex throughput. This extends the Virtex-7 family's total system performance, with 2x the logic capacity, 1.3x greater memory bandwidth, 2x better static power efficiency and now 2.7x higher bandwidth over the nearest competing devices.
Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition/ National Fiber Optic
Engineers Conference (OFC/NFOEC) 2012
Los Angeles, CA., Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth #737
Technical Conference March 4-8, 2012
Exposition March 6-8, 2012
Xilinx will highlight their 28nm 7 series FPGAs and wired OTN solutions that provide the design platforms of choice for high bandwidth communications. Working with the wired Targeted Design Platforms (TDPs) and Targeted Reference Designs (TRDs) combined with Xilinx design tools, system designers will realize a faster time to market for their OTN applications.
At OFC, Xilinx will also preview their size optimized, standalone OTN family of IP cores, including the forward error correction (FEC) portfolio and the Scalable Serdes Framer Interface standard (SFI-S) IP core also used as part of the Xilinx advanced OTN solution suite.
"Xilinx's highly specialized portfolio of FPGA solutions for the 10G to 200G+ optical wired communications market enable system designers of next-generation networks with scalable platforms that could reduce development risk and result in a faster time-to-market," said Abhi Dugar, Research Manager for IDC's Semiconductor Wired Communications Group. "With the constant changing pace and integration taking place in today's optical networks market, silicon vendors that are delivering proven background technology to system vendors are leading the way. By combining high density FPGAs with 28G transceivers and their ability to further integrate size-performance, optimized OTN framers and forward error correction IP, all on 28nm process technology, Xilinx is becoming a total OTN solutions supplier and is well positioned against ASSP solutions."
In-Booth Exhibition Demonstrations
Tuesday - Thursday, March 6-8
100G Transponder Platform
- Xilinx will demonstrate a 100G Transponder Platform featuring a Xilinx ML630 board for superior jitter performance with OTN-compliant hardware interfaces. This is an ideal platform to enable application evaluations and facilitate early hardware development.
10 X 10G Muxponder Platform
- Xilinx will show a highly-integrated, single Virtex-7 FPGA 10 x 10G Muxponder solution optimized for lowest cost and power featuring high quality transceivers and logic density. This Muxponder demonstration interoperates with industry-leading test equipment delivering full visibility of 10G clients, a best in breed FPGA platform for OTN solutions.
11.2G Serdes on a Virtex-7 2000T FPGA
- Showing the Virtex-2000T FPGA, this highest capacity FPGA on the market, Xilinx will demonstrate OTN-compliant transceiver operation at 11.2 Gbps. The Virtex-2000T FPGA yields the highest level of OTN IP core integration on a single device. Virtex-2000T FPGAs support up to thirty-six 12.5G GTX transceivers with advanced CTLE and DFE features to provide generous margins for difficult OTU channels.
28 Gpbs Serial Transceiver Technology
- See Xilinx's 28 Gbps serial transceiver technology in action. This demonstration will show these transceivers interoperating with Luxtera Silicon Photonics at 26 Gbps highlighting superior jitter and signal integrity performance providing the highest possible margins. Also see the integration of these photonics modules exceeding line rates required for 100G Ethernet applications and direct communication with 26/28 Gbps optics that eliminate additional cost and external re-timers.
Additional Booth Demonstrations
Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) (Booth #713): Xilinx will show a demonstration highlighting 4x25.8G QSFP interoperability with Xilinx 28Gbps technology. This demonstration system is based on a Xilinx 28Gbps GTZ transceiver test chip driving a CFP2 Optical Transceiver Module. The FPGA generates four unretimed channels of PRBS31 data at a 25.8 Gbps rate. Visitors can see the GTZ transceiver's open eye without excessive over-equalization for error free operation throughout the entire transmit and receive data path.
Thursday, March 8
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Room #515A
100G Coherent Real-time Receivers
Commercial 100 Gbps systems are in development or on the market from several systems vendors. A key element in the system is the coherent 100G receiver, which generally includes a digital signal processor. In a reversal of general practice, practical real-time receivers have appeared in the marketplace before their being used in research labs, which have relied on off-line digital signal processing. In this panel, Xilinx Senior Director, Communication Signal Processing Solution Group, Chris Dick, will cover the technology status, choices, maturity, cost drivers, etc. for these receivers. Both ASIC and potential FPGA-based implementations will be described.
About OFC/NFOEC 2012
For more than 35 years, the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition/ National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (OFC/NFOEC) has been the premier destination for converging breakthrough research and innovation in telecommunications, optical networking and, recently, datacom and computing. Uniting service providers, systems companies, enterprise customers, IT businesses and component manufacturers, along with researchers, engineers and development teams, OFC/NFOEC combines dynamic business programming, an exposition of more than 500 companies and cutting-edge peer-reviewed research into one event that showcases the trends and pulse of the entire optical communications industry. OFC/NFOEC is managed by the Optical Society (OSA) and co-sponsored by OSA, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers/Communications Society (IEEE/ComSoc) and the IEEE Photonics Society. Visit www.ofcnfoec.org.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of programmable platforms. For more information, visit: http://www.xilinx.com/.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines