Local Corporation (NASDAQ: LOCM), a leading online local media company, today announced that it has reached a record mobile traffic milestone on its flagship site and network. The company also announced that it released updated mobile features within its Exact Match suite for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
Mobile visits now represent over 11 percent of total traffic to Local.com’s consumer properties, an all-time record and up from nearly 4 percent in the year ago period.
The company recently also released updated mobile features for SMBs through its Exact Match local business solutions including:
- the ability to add YouTube™ videos to their mobile site
- the ability to add customer testimonials to their mobile site
- additional mobile photo viewing and special offers related features and functionality
- the ability to activate Foursquare® and LinkedIn® check-ins on their mobile site
“We continue to build and enhance our portfolio of mobile products and services in order to provide our users with an exceptional mobile local experience,” said Heath Clarke, Local Corporation, chairman and CEO.
“We’re also focused on providing our SMB subscribers with more effective tools to reach these consumers when they are ready to search for and buy local products and services,” added Clarke.
According to comScore, the number of consumers accessing local information from their mobile devices continues to grow, with over 88 million mobile subscribers accessing local content on mobile devices in September 2011, which was up 28 percent from a year ago.
In January, the company released an updated and optimized, mobile version of its flagship local search site, Local.com.
About Local Corporation
Local Corporation (NASDAQ:LOCM) is a local media company that specializes in connecting brick-and-mortar businesses with online customers using a variety of innovative digital marketing products including local rich media, local business and product search, mobile, SEO, web hosting, social media and daily deals. The company serves a million consumers a day on the flagship Local.com website, Spreebird.com and a network of over 1,000 regional media sites. To advertise, or for more information, visit: http://www.local.com/ or http://www.localcorporation.com.
Local Corporation is a registered trade name of Local.com Corporation.
Registered trademarks or trademarks belong to the related companies and their affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based upon current expectations and involve certain risks and uncertainties within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words or expressions such as "anticipate," "plan," "will," "intend," "believe" or "expect'" or variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties, and other factors, some of which are beyond our control and difficult to predict and could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or forecasted in the forward-looking statements. Key risks are described in the filings we make with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements in this release speak only as of the date they are made. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason. Unless otherwise stated, all site traffic and usage statistics are from third-party service providers engaged by the company.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”