New York, March 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:PCX) early in the trading session. The pace in volume of Patriot Coal is already above average, with buyers stepping in, as the stock is 3.65% higher.
Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:PCX) is a coal mining company that operates in Central and Northern Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.
Patriot Coal has already traded 1.008 times its 3-month average volume and has calculated support and resistance at $5.97 and $8.43 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action movement through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading lower by -0.21% from its previous trading close, which means that Patriot Coal stock is outperforming the overall market.
- Allstate, American Football Coaches Association Name 22 College Football Players to the 2013 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®
- Allstate Named To 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Allstate's Drivewise® Hits One Billion Miles Driven: Expansion Continues
- Allstate Publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, "Knowledge Applied"
- What Life Insurance Can Do For You
- Protect Your Stuff At School
- Allstate to Present at Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- The Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion® is Set to Celebrate Family in Orlando Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
- Brownsville Remains Texas' Safest Driving City
- Visalia Leads All California Cities on 2013 "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report™"
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines