Ford eNews -- March 14, 2012
Published on Wednesday, 14 March 2012 15:41 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
DEARBORN, Mich., March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Who wants pi? Ford demonstrates its devotion to math on Pi Day
Today isn't just another day at Ford. For engineers – and other math fanatics around the world – it's Pi Day, a holiday recognizing the role mathematics has in everyday life. At Ford, math plays a critical role in developing smarter, safer and more fuel-efficient cars like the all-new Fusion. more...
New Escape is a hauling champ
With record-high fuel prices, the 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine available in the all-new Ford Escape delivers the ultimate combination of fuel economy, performance and capability. Packing 237 horsepower and 250 lb.-ft. of torque, the EcoBoost enables Escape to tow 3,500 pounds – best in class among small SUVs with four-cylinder turbo engines. Volkswagen Tiguan has a tow rating of 2,200 pounds, while the turbocharged Kia Sportage and Acura RDX top out at just 2,000 pounds and 1,500 pounds respectively. more...
F-150 wins Best Value award
The Ford F-150 is winner of the eighth annual Vincentric Best Value in America award for full-size, half-ton pickups. F-150 beat out Chevrolet Silverado for the second year in a row. Key factors were its best-in-class fuel economy, low insurance costs and lowest depreciation rate, adding up to 3 percent lower-than-expected ownership costs for F-150. Click here for the full article.
Ford teams up with NBC for 'Escape Routes'
Ford is teaming up with NBC to highlight the Ford Escape and take contestants on a unique road-trip competition featuring real-world challenges. Six teams of two will be highlighted on the show, which airs March 31. Ford was the first automaker to reveal vehicles via social media and social gaming. more...
Californians can save money, cruise in HOV lanes in Ford Focus Electric
The California Environmental Protection Agency's Air Resources Board has given approval for Golden State owners of the new 2012 Ford Focus Electric to drive in the highly sought-after high occupancy vehicle lanes, which means less congestion. These owners also will be able to receive up to $10,000 in tax credits. more...
Ford F-Series goes upscale with new Platinum edition, MyFord Touch
Ford F-Series Super Duty customers demand a truck with toughness and capability, yet they appreciate the amenities that make their driving experience more enjoyable. The 2013 Super Duty offers both, with a first-ever Platinum model. Super Duty Platinum will offer a wealth of standard features and an optimized MyFord Touch® interface to accommodate users wearing work gloves. more...
Ford Flex and bestselling author Christian Lander present Suburban Dictionary
Ford, in conjunction with bestselling author Christian Lander, presents Suburban Dictionary, an online glossary of terms related to suburban life. The more than 44,000 fans of Flex on Facebook are encouraged to interact with other Flex owners and enthusiasts and submit their own entries into the Suburban Dictionary. more...
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines