SunPower Appoints Charles D. Boynton Chief Financial Officer
Published on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 16:14 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ: SPWR), a Silicon Valley-based manufacturer of high-efficiency solar cells, solar panels and solar systems, announced today that Charles (Chuck) D. Boynton has been named SunPower's new executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO). He will lead the company's global finance, planning and accounting organizations.
Boynton joined SunPower in June of 2010, serving as the company's vice president of corporate finance and corporate development, with global responsibility for finance, planning and analysis and leading strategic investments, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions.
"We are pleased to appoint Chuck to the position of CFO," said Tom Werner, SunPower president and CEO. "He has provided leadership in the finance organization and in many of the company's strategic decisions, including the transformational investment with Total last year and our recent acquisition of Tenesol. Chuck's thorough understanding of the company and his breadth of experience has prepared him for this new role. We congratulate Chuck on this well-deserved promotion."
Prior to joining SunPower, Boynton was chief financial officer for ServiceSource International, where he was responsible for all aspects of finance, accounting, legal and facilities. He also held the position as chief financial officer at Intelliden where he drove finance, legal, IT, human resources and professional services. Earlier in his career, Boynton held key financial positions at Commerce One, Inc., Kraft Foods, Inc. and Grant Thornton, LLP, and is a current member of the board of trustees of the San Jose Technology Museum of Innovation. Boynton was a certified public accountant, State of Illinois, and a Member FEI, Silicon Valley Chapter. He earned his MBA at Northwestern University and his Bachelor of Science in Business from Indiana University.
Boynton was named acting CFO earlier this month after the departure of Dennis Arriola, SunPower's former EVP and CFO, who resigned effective March 5, 2012 as previously announced by the company.
SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company's quarter century of experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment throughout the life of the solar system. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., SunPower has offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. For more information, visit www.sunpowercorp.com.
SunPower is a registered trademark of SunPower Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE SunPower Corp.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines