Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Research In Motion
Published on Thursday, 22 March 2012 04:18 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) closed the trading day lower by $0.07 or -0.5% from its previous close. Research In Motion price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions and smart phones for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Blackberry maker provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
Research In Motion's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $12.83 and by a peak that marked the resistance point at $14.75. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Research In Motion or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Research In Motion, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”