XL Group's Ocean Marine Unit Adds Talent to Expand Brown Water Hull and Liabilities Business
Published on Friday, 23 March 2012 09:15 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, March 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Group plc's (NYSE: XL) North American Marine business has boosted its underwriting expertise with the addition of Chris Cooke who has joined as Vice President, Hull and Liabilities.
According to Richard DeSimone, President of XL Group's North American Marine business, "We are very pleased to have Chris join our team as we look to expand our Brown Water Hull, P&I and Primary Marine Liability capabilities. XL has long been a market leader in Excess Marine Liabilities, and we believe that extending our reach into these lines of business will help us address more of our clients' coverage needs."
"Over the last year, we've expanded our underwriting team to trading hubs in Cleveland, Baltimore, Richmond and Atlanta along with existing operations in New York putting us in closer proximity to our clients. Part of that expansion is developing additional coverages that will allow us to address even more of our clients' risk management needs," explained Mr. DeSimone.
Mr. Cooke previously worked at Travelers, where he was the National Hull and Liabilities Practice Leader. Among his primary responsibilities were the development of policy forms, underwriting manuals, procedures, and initiatives to drive growth in Hull, P&I, Marine Liabilities, Marine Professional Liability and Excess Liabilities. He started his career with MOAC/Continental where he worked in both field and Home Office positions in the Hull & Liabilities and Excess departments. He also ran the Marine Department in Hong Kong for two years working with MOAC/Continental-owned Lombard General Insurance. A graduate of SUNY Maritime College, where he earned a USCG Third Mates License, Mr. Cooke is also a Lieutenant with the NY Fire Department.
About XL's Insurance Operations
XL Group plc's insurance companies offer property, casualty, professional and specialty insurance products globally. Businesses that are moving the world forward choose XL as their partner. To learn more, visit www.xlgroup.com/insurance
XL Group is the global brand used by XL Group plc's insurance subsidiaries.
About XL Group plc
XL Group plc, through its subsidiaries, is a global insurance and reinsurance company providing property, casualty and specialty products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises throughout the world. XL is the company clients look to for answers to their most complex risks and to help move their world forward. Its principal offices are located at No.1 Hatch Street Upper, 4th Floor, Dublin 2, Ireland. To learn more, visit www.xlgroup.com
SOURCE XL Group
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines