Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Completion of Common Stock Offering
Published on Monday, 26 March 2012 17:34 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
ARLINGTON, Va., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. (NYSE: AI) (the "Company") announced today that it has completed its previously-announced public offering of 1,755,000 shares of Class A common stock for net proceeds of approximately $40.2 million, after deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated expenses. The Company has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 263,250 additional shares of Class A common stock to cover over-allotments, if any. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., a subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE Amex: LTS), served as sole bookrunning manager for the offering. Compass Point Research & Trading, LLC, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities and National Securities Corporation served as lead managers and Aegis Capital Corp. served as co-manager.
The Company expects to use the net proceeds of this offering to acquire certain of its target assets, including residential mortgage-backed securities ("MBS") issued by U.S. government agencies or guaranteed as to principal and interest by U.S. government agencies or U.S. government-sponsored entities and MBS issued by private organizations. The Company may also use the net proceeds for general working capital purposes.
All shares of Class A common stock were offered under the Company's existing shelf registration statement on Form S-3, which was declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. The offering of these shares was made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus. Copies of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus related to this offering may be obtained by contacting Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., 520 Madison Avenue, Ninth Floor, New York, NY 10022.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the offered shares or any other securities, nor shall there be any sale of such shares or any other securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
About Arlington Asset Investment Corp.
Arlington Asset Investment Corp. is a principal investment firm that invests in mortgage-related and other assets. The Company is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These include statements regarding the anticipated use of proceeds. Forward-looking statements can be identified by forward-looking language, including words such as "believes," "anticipates," "expects," "estimates," "intends," "may," "plans," "projects," "will" and similar expressions, or the negative of these words. Such forward-looking statements are based on facts and conditions as they exist at the time such statements are made and predictions as to future facts and conditions, the accurate prediction of which may be difficult and involve the assessment of events beyond the control of the Company and its subsidiaries. Due to known and unknown risks, including the risk that the assumptions on which the forward-looking statements are based prove to be inaccurate, actual results may differ materially from expectations or projections. These risks also include those described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, which has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Readers of this press release are cautioned to consider these risks and uncertainties and not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether written or oral, relating to matters discussed in this press release, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.
SOURCE Arlington Asset Investment Corp.
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces At-The-Market Senior Notes Program
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. to Report First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Pricing of Senior Notes Offering
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Senior Notes Offering
- ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Begins Trading on OTCQX®
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Declares $0.875 per Share Dividend for the First Quarter of 2013
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Completion of Common Stock Offering
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Pricing of Common Stock Offering
- Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Announces Common Stock Offering
Related Partner Headlines
- Ladenburg Thalman Financial Services Inc. Stock Downgraded (LTS) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Barrington Research Initiates Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services at Outperform - Benzinga
- Top 4 Small-Cap Stocks In The Investment Brokerage-Regional Industry With The Highest Profit Margin - Benzinga
- Arlington Asset Investment Announces Completion of 450,000 Share Common Stock Offering - Benzinga
- Arlington Asset Investment Prices 3M Shares at $24.80 - Benzinga
- Top 4 NYSE Stocks In The Investment Brokerage-Regional Industry With The Highest Profit Margin - Benzinga
- Teva Spikes Higher as Chairman Purchases One Million Shares - Benzinga
- Ladenburg Thalman Financial Services Inc. (LTS): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
There is Life After Stroke, Says Book by Jeff Kagan
LA Clippers NBA Apparel on Sale at SportsFanPlayground.com
Prom Dresses Deals For Summer Announced by AmorModa.com
MS Tûranor PlanetSolar Sets World Speed Record for Transatlantic Crossing by Solar Electric Vessel
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces Its Investigation of Financial Advisor John Pritchard of Raymond James Morgan Keegan And Oppenheimer
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Choosing A Professional Quality Range Hood
Texas Adds More Jobs Than Any Other State in Country, EmploymentCrossing Finds 185,000 Jobs in State
Torrance Moving Company provides useful information about planning a summer move!