Main Street Capital Announces Exit of Portfolio Investment
Published on Tuesday, 03 April 2012 06:19 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Generates $1.7 million Realized Gain and 24.5% Internal Rate of Return from Exit of Investments in NTS Holdings, Inc.
HOUSTON, April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN) ("Main Street") announced today that on March 30, 2012 it fully exited its debt and equity investments in NTS Holdings, Inc. ("NTS"), one of the largest independent providers of trench safety solutions for underground maintenance and construction activities in the United States, as part of a recapitalization of NTS by the company's management team and a group of institutional investors.
Main Street originally invested in a predecessor entity of NTS in May 2004 as part of an acquisition and Main Street continued to support NTS as it grew its business from an initial branch in Houston, Texas to its current twelve operating branches. Main Street made its current investments in NTS, which consisted of a $6.0 million secured, second lien debt investment, $9.9 million preferred stock investment and $0.1 million common stock investment, during April 2010 to support a recapitalization of NTS by the company's management team. As part of the exit, Main Street realized the payment of $2.5 million of accrued paid-in-kind dividends on its preferred stock and a realized gain of approximately $1.7 million on the sale of its common stock. On a cumulative basis since the recapitalization of NTS in April 2010, Main Street has realized a total internal rate of return of 24.5% and a 1.5 times money invested return on its debt and equity investments in NTS.
ABOUT MAIN STREET CAPITAL CORPORATION
Main Street (www.mainstcapital.com) is a principal investment firm that provides long-term debt and equity capital to lower middle market companies and debt capital to middle market companies. Main Street's portfolio investments are typically made to support management buyouts, recapitalizations, growth financings, refinancings and acquisitions of companies that operate in diverse industry sectors. Main Street seeks to partner with entrepreneurs, business owners and management teams and generally provides "one stop" financing alternatives within its lower middle market portfolio. Main Street's lower middle market companies generally have annual revenues between $10 million and $150 million. Main Street's middle market debt investments are made in businesses that are generally larger in size than its lower middle market portfolio companies.
Main Street Capital Corporation
Dwayne L. Hyzak, CFO and Senior Managing Director
Dennard Rupp Gray & Lascar, LLC
SOURCE Main Street Capital Corporation
- Main Street Announces Semi-Annual Special Cash Dividend Payable in July 2013
- Main Street Announces First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Main Street Announces Third Quarter 2013 Regular Monthly Dividends
- Main Street Announces Increase in Commitments Under its Credit Facility to $352.5 Million
- Main Street to Present at the 12th Annual JMP Securities Research Conference
- Main Street Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Release And Conference Call Schedule
- Main Street Closes Public Offering of an Additional $12.0 Million of 6.125% Senior Notes Due 2023 Pursuant to the Full Exercise of the Underwriters' Over-Allotment Option
- Main Street's 6.125% Senior Notes Due 2023 Begin Trading on the New York Stock Exchange
- Main Street Closes Public Offering of $80.0 Million 6.125% Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2023
- Main Street Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Financial Results
Related Partner Headlines
- Sizing Up the Investment Companies - TheStreet.com
- Main Street Capital Announces Increase In Commitments Under Its Credit Facility To $287.5 Million - Benzinga
- Main Street Capital Announces Increase In Commitments Under Its Credit Facility To $277.5 Million - Benzinga
- Main Street Capital Announces Dividend Increase - Benzinga
- Main Street Capital Announces 7.7% Dividend Increase - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,406.97 Trade time:2:55PM EDT Value change:▲71.69 (0.47%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,671.69 Trade time:2:55PM EDT Value change:▲5.40 (0.32%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,504.85 Trade time:2:55PM EDT Value change:▲8.42 (0.24%)
In The Wires
Viad Corp Declares Quarterly Dividend
Commercial National Declares $0.26 Per Share Second Quarter Dividend
S2C Global to Obtain Current Status on OTC Markets
LipiGesic® M Migraine Treatment Product Shown to be as Effective as Prescription Based Medications
LKA Gold Deliveries From Exploration Program Up 90% Over Year-Ago Period.
RBC and Golf Canada announce Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada as the official charity partner for the RBC Canadian Open
Quest Diagnostics Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
Few Alaska Airlines Flights Affected by Volcanic Activity in Alaska