RR Donnelley Investment in CoffeeTable Expands Digital Service Offering to Multi-Channel Retailers With Exclusive Marketing Relationship
Published on Tuesday, 03 April 2012 06:36 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
CHICAGO, April 3, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company (Nasdaq:RRD) today announced that it has taken an equity stake in San Francisco-based Real Valuable Corporation, maker of the CoffeeTable iPad catalog shopping app (coffeetable.com). CoffeeTable offers a discovery-based tablet shopping experience for consumers to browse and shop across multiple retailers and provides a comprehensive set of data analytics to help drive retailers' multi-channel marketing strategies.
"This new relationship continues to expand the range of our digital service offering," said Thomas J. Quinlan III, RR Donnelley's President and Chief Executive Officer. "In virtually every customer segment that we serve, we offer a compelling digital service that complements our other capabilities. We serve retailers, catalogers, and other direct response marketers with an array of resources. The addition of CoffeeTable enables us to craft even more extensive end-to-end solutions for our customers."
The catalog industry uses a variety of media for customer acquisition, engagement, and conversion. The CoffeeTable iPad app connects the inspiration of traditional catalogs with the instant gratification of e-commerce. CoffeeTable offers usage data to deliver catalog analytics to aid retailers' channel planning, complementing RR Donnelley's expertise and end-to-end capabilities.
Ben Choi, CoffeeTable's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Retailers appreciate the power of tablet commerce. CoffeeTable is the only catalog app that bridges catalog discovery to purchase. Our exclusive relationship with RR Donnelley will dramatically improve our ability to educate retailers about tablet commerce and deliver a robust suite of multi-channel marketing tools."
With CoffeeTable Express, shoppers are never more than a few taps from completing a purchase. The only catalog app that enables in-app shopping, CoffeeTable cites a 2x increase in conversion through CoffeeTable Express. CoffeeTable allows shoppers to browse more than 100 leading catalogs such as Delia's, Hanover Direct's The Company Store, Signals, and many others.
"No one is better positioned to help businesses create, produce, distribute and monetize content," added Ann Marie Bushell, President of RR Donnelley's CustomPoint Solutions offering. "With this investment in CoffeeTable, RR Donnelley is taking the lead in helping our customers' content connect with the right audiences through the right channels at just the right time."
About RR Donnelley
RR Donnelley (Nasdaq:RRD) is a global provider of integrated communications. The Company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide to develop custom communications solutions that reduce costs, enhance return on investment and ensure compliance. Drawing on a range of proprietary and commercially available digital and conventional technologies deployed across four continents, the Company employs a suite of leading Internet based capabilities and other resources to provide premedia, printing, logistics and business process outsourcing products and services to leading clients in virtually every private and public sector.
For more information, and for RR Donnelley's Corporate Social Responsibility Report, visit the Company's web site at www.rrdonnelley.com.
Use of Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain "forward-looking statements" as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and any such forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by reference to the following cautionary statements. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this news release and are based on current expectations and involve a number of assumptions, risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. Readers are strongly encouraged to read the full cautionary statements contained in RR Donnelley's filings with the SEC. RR Donnelley disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
- RR Donnelley to Announce First-Quarter 2013 Results and Host a Conference Call on April 25th
- RR Donnelley Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Dividend
- RR Donnelley Introduces Innovative Line of Printed Electronics
- RR Donnelley Announces the Expiration and Final Results of Its Previously Announced Tender Offers
- RR Donnelley Closes $450 Million Debt Offering
- RR Donnelley Announces Early Tender Date Results of Its Previously Announced Tender Offers
- RR Donnelley Awarded a Multi-Year Agreement by International Airlines Group
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company Announces Cash Tender Offers for Up to $400 Million of Its Outstanding Debt Securities, Including Up to $250 Million of Its 6.125% Notes Due January 15, 2017, Up to $100 Million of Its 8.600% Notes Due August 15, 2016 and Up
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company Announces Increase in Maximum Principal Amount to be Accepted in Cash Tender Offers for Certain of Its Outstanding Debt Securities
Related Partner Headlines
- 5 Stocks Pushing The Diversified Services Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- RR Donnelley Receives Multi-Year Agreement from Scotiabank - Benzinga
- A Different Hurricane Play - TheStreet.com
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (RRD) - TheStreet.com
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (RRD) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Benchmark Lowers R.R. Donnelley & Sons' PT - Benzinga
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (RRD) - TheStreet.com
- RR Donnelley Announces Pricing of $450 Million Offering of Its 8.250% Notes Due 2019 - Benzinga
- RR Donnelley Announces $300 Million Debt Offering - Benzinga
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company Stock Downgraded (RRD) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
InspireMD's MGuard Embolic Protection Stent (EPS) Shows Lower Mortality Rate in STEMI Patients at Six Months Compared to Control Group
Pactera Announces First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
SaviCorp® Announces Major Exclusive International Distribution Agreement with DynoGreen Tech, LLC to Sell DynoValve® in India, Dubai, the UAE and Other Foreign Countries
PAREXEL International To Present At Jefferies Healthcare Conference
TripAdvisor Celebrates Top Performing Hospitality Businesses With 2013 Certificate of Excellence
Gentherm To Present At Upcoming Investment Conferences
BioLife Solutions Announces Presentation at 8th World Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine Congress
Cheers to 12 budget-friendly summer wines at Whole Foods Market®