The U.S. Navy Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) has awarded CSC (NYSE: CSC) an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) contract to deliver streaming Video as a Service. This is an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) multiple award contract (MAC) with three prime awardees. The contract has a 60-month period of performance, with a total maximum value of $874 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, CSC is eligible to receive task orders to fly land-based UAS aircraft to deliver streaming video from electro-optic and infrared cameras directly to military users in a remote theater of operations. CSC will deploy people, equipment, and supplies. The combination of these capabilities as a service translates into significant savings to customers who will receive Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) coverage without having to invest in additional labor and equipment. The customer pays only for video hours delivered as a service.
“CSC has extensive experience delivering technology as a service,” said Hal Smith, vice president of CSC’s North American Public Sector ISR Group. “Delivery of Video as a Service is a natural extension of the CSC business model. We’ll now apply this service delivery model to reliably and efficiently deliver intelligence on the battlefield.”
CSC's capability is based on its recent acquisition of Centauri LLC, a proven integrator of UAS systems. Key partners include Arcturas UAV, Sierra Nevada Corporation and Battlespace Flight Services.
For more information about CSC’s as a service solutions, visit csc.com/xaas.
About CSC’s North American Public Sector
As a go-to partner for critical national programs, CSC offers thought leadership, specialized skills and innovative services in critical areas for government clients. Leveraging a global footprint in both private and public sectors, and experience gained from serving almost every U.S. government agency, CSC’s North American Public Sector (NPS) brings innovative ideas and proven best practices to help the U.S. government meet mission-critical requirements. For more information about CSC’s government solutions, visit www.csc.com/government.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 98,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.0 billion for the 12 months ended December 30, 2011. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”