New Program Pays Dividends In Gold And Silver
Published on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 22:50 Written by Michael Sanibel
The interest in precious metals has grown over the past few years, along with their prices. Demand has risen as central banks, national governments, mutual funds and other investors have bought metals as a hedge against inflation, civil unrest, wars and natural disasters. Some also view gold as insurance against fiat currencies that are backed by nothing more than faith in a country's financial system. As countries like the U.S. have printed money to combat economic problems and deflation, this has driven more interest and investment in precious metals.
Two of the disadvantages of metals are that they provide no income stream and require secure storage. A new dividend program soon to be launched by Gold Bullion International (GBI) will make the metals more attractive as a portfolio asset.
The GBI Physical Dividend Program will provide for payment of dividends in precious metals rather than currency. The service will be available to all publicly traded companies that pay regular dividends. GBI is a leading precious metals supplier with vaults in London, Zurich, New York and Salt Lake City. Its large client base includes institutional asset managers and wealth managers worldwide.
GBI's proprietary program will allow shareholders to customize their dividend payments based on their desired allocation of gold, silver or a combination of both. Once the conversion has occurred, shareholders have the option of taking physical possession, storing in GBI's insured vaults or shipping to a vault of their choice. There's a fee for storage in secure vaults.
Once enrolled in the program, shareholders must select their gold and silver percentages by 12:00 a.m. EST the day prior to the record date. The price is set at the London spot "fix" on the dividend record date.
© Investopedia.com Copyright 2012, Investopedia US, a ValueClick Company. All rights reserved.
- BlueHost Vs. DreamHost - Comparison for Demand of Small Business Announced By Top-Cheap-Web-Hosting.com
- Everything You need To Know About FHA Mortgages
- Used Transmission Quotes System Now Installed for Mechanics at GotTransmissions.com
- FSBO Services Now Added for Homeowners in Jacksonville at RealEstateinNorthFlorida.com
- Used H3 Headlights for Hummer Vehicle Owners Now on Sale at Auto Pros USA
- Used Ford 3.8 Engine Lowered in Price in V6 Inventory at EnginesforSale.org
- Catalytic Converter Replacement Prices Now Reduced Online by AutoProsUSA.com
- Step Up for Hunger if You Are Coming to London This May 26 Through 28 at World Hunger Day Unplugged in Support of The Hunger Project
- Torsion Bars for Vehicles Now Reduced to Near Wholesale Pricing at AutoProsUSA.com
- Used Nissan 350Z Spoiler Tops Best-Selling Parts List at Auto Pros USA
Related Partner Headlines
- Petronas Posts 30% Decline In Q2 Net Profit - Benzinga
- Mail.Ru H1 Net Profit Rises 54.3% - Benzinga
- Advanced Medical H1 Pretax Profit Surges 72% - Benzinga
- Markets Jump After FOMC Comments on Easing - Benzinga
- Feel the Energy and Excitement of the Forex & Options Expo in Las Vegas - Benzinga
- Amazon's Living Social Stake Sees Value Decline - Benzinga
- Fender Withdraws IPO - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday July 6: Non-Farm Payrolls Edition - Benzinga
- An Introduction to Forex Trading - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday June 22 - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Javita Online Coffee Store Helps Coffee Drinkers Lose Weight, Special Herb-Infused Coffee Creates Business Opportunity
Springetts Brand Design Consultants Became Winner of the Notable Platinum A' Design Award
Real Estate Virtual SEO Assistant Programs Finally Released By Clearwater FL Real Estate SEO Firm
Clearwater FL Company Newest SEO and Real Estate Plans For Real Estate SEO Professionals
BlueHost Vs. DreamHost - Comparison for Demand of Small Business Announced By Top-Cheap-Web-Hosting.com
Everything You need To Know About FHA Mortgages
Used Transmission Quotes System Now Installed for Mechanics at GotTransmissions.com
FSBO Services Now Added for Homeowners in Jacksonville at RealEstateinNorthFlorida.com