Google Gains Ahead of Earnings Despite Analysts Remaining Cautious
Published on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 13:38 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, April 11th (TradersHuddle.com) – Shares of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), the owner of the largest Internet Search Engine, was climbing 1.22% to $634.50 ahead of tomorrow’s release of its quarterly results, rallying with the broad market.
On average analysts expect a profit of $9.65 per share on revenues of $8.13 billion. Last quarter the company posted a 9.4% downside earnings surprise, as it earned $9.50 per share. The highest earnings estimate is $10.91 per share, while last year earnings for the same period were $8.08 per share.
Needham was cautious on its comments, saying the quarter looks very much like the past quarter in which the company missed earnings expectations by close to $1 per share. The firm cited the continued decline in Cost-per-Click rates and European weakness.
Yesterday, Capstone said that it expects the Internet giant to report earnings inline with the firm’s estimate of $10.91 per share, which is well above the average consensus. The firm said revenues will likely hit $8.5 billion and it expects paid clicks to grow 20%, and CPCs to grow 2% from a year ago period. Also, it sees upside to paid clicks with risk for weaker-than-expected CPCs.
Earlier in the week, RBC Capital said that it expects net revenues inline with consensus with flat sequential growth, with the key swing factor likely to be margins.
- Pull Back Expected: Google
- Trading Idea: Is Google Breaking Out?
- Google Broke Resistance
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Google
- Google Is Approaching its 50 Day Moving Average
- Key Levels for Google
- Is Google Closing in to Support?
- Is Google Waiting for a Break Out?
- The Range Is Tightening in Google
- Google Broke Support
Related Partner Headlines
- Google Asks 'Which Results Do You Prefer?' - TheStreet.com
- The Digital Skeptic: Google Can Even Fail Seeking Its Own Content - TheStreet.com
- Microsoft: Don't Trust Anyone Over 40 - TheStreet.com
- HTC Announces Verizon Droid DNA Superphone - TheStreet.com
- Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Tuesday November 13, 2012 - Benzinga
- Which University Spawned the Most Entrepreneurs? - Benzinga
- Kayak and Groupon: A Tale of Two Web Sites - TheStreet.com
- Google Inc. (GOOG): Today's Featured Internet Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Bram Stoker and the Google Doodle - TheStreet.com
- Google Offers Free Mobile Internet Access to Emerging Markets - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
/C O R R E C T I O N -- CME Group/
CME Group Expands OTC Agricultural Offering with New USD-Denominated Palm Oil Swap
Best Examples of Real Web Sites Created With Drupal - Samples of Top Fantastic Websites Using Drupal Announced By ThreeHosts.com
Macerich's Santa Monica Place Wins "Best-of-the-Best" Global Shopping Center Award
Qihoo 360 Reports First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
Leading Children’s Sun Protection Swimwear Company Platypus Australia use Skin Cancer Awareness Month to Help Educate Parents
Choose from Three Brilliant Blue SEO Packages for Stress-free, High-profit Web Content Marketing
Silent Sales Not Just for Premium Sydney Properties Anymore, Demand Increases for Buyer’s Agents PK Property Search & Negotiators