Shares of Beacon Roofing Hesitating?
Published on Thursday, 12 April 2012 04:06 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ:BECN) closed the trading day higher by $0.24 or 0.97% from its previous close. Beacon's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ:BECN) distributes residential and non-residential roofing materials in the United States and Canada. The Company also distributes other complementary building materials, including siding, windows, specialty lumber products, and waterproofing systems, for residential and non-residential building exteriors.
Beacon's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $25.17 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $27.22. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Beacon Roofing or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Beacon Roofing, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- KeyCorp Reports 2013 Dodd-Frank Act Mid-Cycle Stress Test Results
- KeyCorp To Present At The Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- Randy Paine Named President Of KeyBanc Capital Markets
- KeyCorp Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
- KeyCorp Closes On Sale Of Victory Capital Management And Affiliate
- KeyCorp Reports Second Quarter 2013 Net Income of $193 Million, or $.21 Per Common Share
- KeyCorp Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of Five And One Half Cents
- KeyBank Selected To Pilot U.S. Global Business Solutions Initiative To Increase Small Business Exports
- Organic Growth, Not Merger and Acquisitions, is Driving Middle Market Expansion
- KeyCorp Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines