Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of IMAX
Published on Monday, 16 April 2012 04:30 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Imax Corporation (NASDAQ:IMAX) closed the trading day higher by $0.01 or 0.04% from its previous close. IMAX's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Imax Corporation (NASDAQ:IMAX) specializes in motion picture technologies and large-format film presentations. The company designs and manufactures projection and sound systems for large-screen theaters and designs custom attractions, including motion simulation theaters, for both large-scale attractions and smaller venues.
IMAX's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $22.08 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $26.28. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in IMAX or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of IMAX, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Apache To Sell Selected Canadian Oil And Gas Assets For $112 Million In Two Transactions
- Broadcom - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Top Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
- Apache Donates 1 Millionth Tree For Black Bear Habitat
- Intel Is Close to Important Technical Levels
- Oando Energy Resources Provides an Update on the ConocoPhillips Acquisition
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UTX, TRV, PG
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
- Intel Is Moving Above Resistance
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines