Neutral Short Term Pattern on Weight Watchers
Published on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 04:21 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW) closed the trading day higher by $0.5 or 0.68% from its previous close. Weight Watchers' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW) is a global-branded consumer company and the leading provider of weight management services. The Company operates through a network of company-owned and franchised operations. Members attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings to receive group support and education about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity.
Weight Watchers' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $72.90 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $79.99. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Weight Watchers or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Weight Watchers, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines