Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation in Connection With Knology, Inc. Buyout
Published on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 12:30 Written by TradersHuddle StaffSTEVENSON, Md.-( Business Wire )-
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Knology, Inc. (“Knology”) (Nasdaq: KNOL) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of Knology relating to the proposed buyout of the company by WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (“WOW!”). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board breached its fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
On April 18, 2012, Knology and WOW! announced that they had entered into a definitive Merger agreement providing for WOW! to acquire Knology for approximately $1.5 billion. Under the terms of the buyout transaction, Knology shareholders will receive $19.75 for each share of Knology common stock held.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines