Is Noble Energy Reversing?
Published on Thursday, 19 April 2012 04:46 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL) closed the trading day lower by $1.01 or -1.07% from its previous close. Noble's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL) is an independent energy exploration and production company. The Company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Noble Energy operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains, Mid-continent, and deepwater Gulf of Mexico areas in the US, with key international operations offshore Israel, the North Sea and West Africa.
Noble's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $92.26 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $100.90. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Noble Energy or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Noble Energy, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Noble Energy Announces $500,000 Donation To Support Oklahoma Relief And Recovery
- Noble Energy Announces Karish Discovery In The Levant Basin Offshore Israel
- Noble Energy To Present At The UBS Global Oil And Gas Conference
- Noble Energy To Present At Citi's 2013 Global Energy And Utilities Conference
- Noble Energy Announces Organizational And Executive Leadership Changes In Support Of Multi-Year Growth Agenda
- Noble Energy Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
- Noble Energy Announces Its First Quarter Results Webcast and Conference Call
- Noble Energy Announces Two-For-One Stock Split And Declares Increased Quarterly Dividend
- Noble Energy Announces Production From Tamar And An Increase In Resource Estimate
- Molly K. Williamson Elected To Noble Energy, Inc. Board
Related Partner Headlines
- Noble Energy Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- Nobel Energy Increases Dividend to $0.25 From $0.22 per Share - Benzinga
- Noble Energy Announces Trema Exploration Results Offshore Cameroon - Benzinga
- Noble Energy Looks For Oil In The Eastern Mediterranean (NBL,ATW,APA,MRO,E) - Investopedia
- Noble Energy Completes the Sale of Kansas Properties For $130M - Benzinga
- Noble Energy Says Closed Assets Deal, Proceeds of $594M - Benzinga
- Unit Corporation Completes $594.5M Acquisition of Oil and Natural Gas Assets - Benzinga
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- Noble Energy Agrees To Sell Kansas Properties for $140M - Benzinga
- Noble Acquiring Interest in FOGL's Falklands License Areas - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger