Bulls taking over on Quicksilver Resources?
Published on Friday, 20 April 2012 04:15 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE:KWK) ended the trading session lower by $0.03 or -0.73% from its previous close. Quicksilver's price action developed what can be considered a reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer bottom, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of a downtrend. The tweezer bottom is considered a reversal pattern, so traders will need to monitor the price action for confirmation.
Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE:KWK) is an exploration and production company engaged in the development and production of long-lived natural gas and oil properties onshore North America. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, the company is widely recognized as a leader in the development and production of natural gas from unconventional reservoirs including shale gas, coal bed methane and tight gas sands.
Traders looking for an entry in Quicksilver Resources can use the tweezers as a good reference point to establish the long position, as the pattern provides defined risk by giving a good reference point for support.
Traders look for tweezer bottoms, as they provide an entry with a small defined risk. They are a leading indicator that provide an alert for a trend reversal or stabilization. The tweezers imply that bears or sellers were not able to push the stock lower, therefore providing the opportunity to look for a bounce. Below an example of a Tweezer Bottom reversal pattern:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines