SunPower and Giulio Barbieri Partner to Deliver Solar Carports to the Italian Residential Market
Published on Monday, 23 April 2012 03:10 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR), a Silicon Valley-based manufacturer of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels and solar systems today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Giulio Barbieri S.p.A., to design and manufacture the new SunPower® Carport (solar carport), for the Italian residential market.
Under the terms of the agreement, Giulio Barbieri will deliver carports depending on customer specifications. SunPower's local partners will then install the complete system, including the aluminum structure, solar panels and inverters. The all-in-one solar carport system is built for durability and reliability, and is simple to install.
"SunPower is currently designing and installing commercial solar carport systems at schools and businesses across North America, and we are now pleased to offer a new solution that is being adopted more and more by Italian homeowners," said Howard Wenger, SunPower president, regions. "Partnering with Giulio Barbieri will enable SunPower to offer the same high efficiency, high reliability solar panels to homeowners wanting to power their homes with solar, but have constrained rooftops."
The SunPower Carport is available in four versions and can be installed in a number of configurations to accommodate either two or three cars. The flexible design incorporates 18, 24 or 32 of SunPower's 96-cell, high-efficiency solar panels, delivering approximately 5.9 kilowatts to 10.5 kilowatts, depending on the system size. The system is tilted for maximum energy output and the attractive modular look blends in with any architectural context.
"SunPower chose our structures for the elegance of design and ease of installation, as our carports have concrete bases and do not require any groundwork," said Giulio Barbieri, president of Giulio Barbieri S.p.A. "Our solid reputation in the market for quality and reliable carport structures, coupled with SunPower's high efficiency solar panels, provide customers an artistic and effective solution, capable of enhancing, in an attractive manner, external parking lots especially in residential complexes."
The SunPower Carport is available now in the Italian market. Interested customers can call 00800-786-76937 to schedule an appointment with an authorized SunPower partner.
About SunPower Corp.
SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company's quarter century of experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment throughout the life of the solar system. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., SunPower has offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. For more information, visit www.sunpowercorp.com.
About Giulio Barbieri
Giulio Barbieri has been a leading Italian manufacturer of aluminum modular coverings for both residential and public application for over twenty years. In the wake of the environmental policies that have been developed over the past several years, to incentivize renewable energies, Giulio Barbieri S.p.A has designed in cooperation with SunPower an innovative solar carport. Giulio Barbieri is a company with a worldwide reputation and experience in the design and manufacturing of very high quality, stylish and long lasting metallic constructions suitable to any covering needs, even in customized execution. Headquartered in Poggio Renatico (FERRARA) Italy, Giulio Barbieri exports its products all over the world. For more information, visit www.giuliobarbieri.it.
SOURCE SunPower Corp.
- SunPower Announces Pricing of $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of its 0.75% Senior Convertible Debentures due 2018
- SunPower Announces Intention to Offer $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of Senior Convertible Debentures
- SunPower Announces Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
- MyEnergi Lifestyle Contest Offers Home Energy Makeover, Ford C-MAX Energi - Featured on 'Katie' Show
- Critical Alerts For US Steel, Adobe, SunPower, Garmin, and Shire Group Released By InvestorsObserver
- SunPower Solar System Expected to Save Western Municipal Water District Millions Over the Next Two Decades
- SunPower Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Verizon Launches Green Energy Project to Power 19 Company Facilities Across the Country
- MidAmerican Solar and SunPower Start Major Construction on World's Largest Solar Power Development
- Home Is Where the Hybrid Is: KB Home Features Ford's MyEnergi Lifestyle
Related Partner Headlines
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including KLA-Tencor, Making Big Moves on November 12, 2012 - Investopedia
- SunPower Solar Power Plant at NAWS China Lake Begins Operations - Benzinga
- SunPower Plan to Restructure Philippines Manufacturing Operations - Benzinga
- SunPower Invests in Australian Renewable Electricity Retailer Diamond Energy - Benzinga
- Epuron Acquires SunPower Asset - Benzinga
- UK Solar Stocks Could Shine Plugging Into Incentive Plan - TheStreet.com
- SunPower Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (SPWR) - TheStreet.com
- Total and SunPower Commission a New Solar Panel Manufacturing Plant in France - Benzinga
- K Road Power Acquires 25-Megawatt McHenry Solar Project From SunPower - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Citi Upgrades SunPower; Raises PT - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Communities of Distinction TV Presents May Air Dates for Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
Global Wearable Technology Market - Worldwide Scenario, Trends, Industry Analysis, Size, Share And Forecast, 2012 - 2018 Published By Marketresearchreports.biz
Life Sciences And Analytical Reagents Market - New Industry Research Report is Now Available for Pre-Order at Transparency Market Research
Wyoming Has a New Top Home Alarm Company According to Trusted Independent Industry Resource - AlarmSystemReport.com
Latest Protect America Review Gets Updated by Top Home Alarm System Experts – AlarmSystemReport.com
Lucintel Forecasts Increased Demand from APAC and Middle East to Drive Global Military Aircraft Industry
Diabetic Neuropathy treatment hits new grounds- Neuracel launches the complete natural treatment
Industrial And Commercial Hybrid & Pure Electric Vehicles Market Trends 2013 - 2023: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Drivers And Opportunities, Players