Bulls taking Control of Abbott Labs?
Published on Monday, 23 April 2012 04:42 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) ended the trading session higher by $0.37 or 0.62% from its previous close. Abbott Labs' price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) develops, manufactures, and sells a broad and diversified line of health care products and services. The Company's products include pharmaceuticals, nutritional, diagnostics, and vascular products. Abbott markets its products worldwide through affiliates and distributors. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in Abbott Park, Illinois.
Abbott Labs' recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $59.38 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $61.49. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Abbott Labs or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- Abbott Announces CE Mark for World's Longest Coronary Drug Eluting Stent
- Abbott Announces CE Mark for Test to Aid Doctors with Diagnosing and Monitoring Diabetes
- Abbott to Present at UBS Global Healthcare Conference
- Abbott Announces FDA Approval and U.S. Launch of the TECNIS® Toric Intraocular Lens for Cataract Patients
- Abbott Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Abbott Introduces Next Generation Laboratory Automation Solution to Help Meet Increased Testing Demand
- Abbott Initiates Voluntary Recall of FreeStyle InsuLinx® Blood Glucose Meters in the United States
- Abbott's Galectin-3 Test Provides Doctors in Europe with New Tool for Assessing the Prognosis of Chronic Heart Failure Patients
- New Data Reinforce Strong Long-Term Clinical Performance of Abbott's Absorb™ Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold
- Abbott's Minimally Invasive MitraClip® System for Mitral Regurgitation Demonstrates Positive Clinical and Quality-of-Life Results for Patients Too High Risk for Surgery
Related Partner Headlines
- Abbott Laboratories Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ABT) - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Offers Details on Phase 3 Hep C Program - Benzinga
- Gilead, Abbott Unwrap Dueline Hep C Data (Updated) - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Announces Results of Analysis Exploring the Use of HUMIRA - Benzinga
- Gilead, Abbott Unwrap Dueling Hep C Pill Data - TheStreet.com
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Sarepta, Acadia, Vical and a Hep C Preview - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: ABT AFCE HSIC - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Pros and Cons - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Today's Featured Drugs Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Obama Win Exposes Medical Stocks to QE Fatigue - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
SAP Commits to Driving Skills Development and Job Creation in Africa
LIONSGATE ACHIEVES RECORD SALES AT 2013 CANNES MARKET WITH SLATE OF NINE FILMS LED BY MOCKINGJAY 1 & 2, STEP UP 5 AND THE LAST WITCH HUNTER
Royal Dutch Shell Plc First Quarter 2013 Scrip Dividend Programme Reference Share Price
UMC Establishes its Specialty Technology Center of Excellence in Singapore
ReneSola Obtains JET Certification for Japan Market
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Outer Banks
ADW Capital Partners, L.P. Seeks Strategic Sale of Company to Maximize Shareholder Value
Comstock Mining's Higher Production, Stronger Balance Sheet, Prompts Early Repayment Of Loan