Eaton Vance: Waiting for Direction
Published on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 04:54 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE:EV) closed the trading day lower by $0.36 or -1.37% from its previous close. Eaton Vance's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE:EV) is a comprehensive wealth manager engaged in managing investment funds and providing investment management and counseling services to high-net-worth individuals and institutions. The Company focuses to develop and sustain management expertise across a range of investment disciplines and to offer investment products and services through multiple distribution channels. Its product line offers fund shareholders, retail managed account investors, institutional investors and high-net-worth clients a range of products and services designed and managed to generate attractive long term risk-adjusted returns.
Eaton Vance's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $26.26 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $29.64. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Eaton Vance or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Eaton Vance, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Eaton Vance Closed-End Fund Data Now Available
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund Report Of Earnings
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration Income Fund Report Of Earnings
- Eaton Vance Corp. Second Fiscal Quarter Earnings Conference Call And Webcast Notification
- Eaton Vance Short Duration Diversified Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution
- Eaton Vance Closed-End Bank Loan Funds Declare Monthly Distributions
- Eaton Vance Closed-End Equity Funds Declare Monthly Distributions
- Eaton Vance New Jersey Municipal Income Trust Report Of Earnings
- Eaton Vance Pennsylvania Municipal Income Trust Report Of Earnings
- Eaton Vance Ohio Municipal Income Trust Report Of Earnings
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies Raises PT to $28 on Eaton Vance on Organic Growth - Benzinga
- Jefferies Reiterates Hold Rating, $26 PT on Eaton Vance - Benzinga
- Eaton Vance Corporation Stock Upgraded (EV) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citigroup Raises PT on Eaton Vance to $25 - Benzinga
- Eaton Vance Corporation Stock Downgraded (EV) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: J.P. Morgan Lowers Eaton Vance's PT - Benzinga
- Eaton Vance Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (EV) - TheStreet.com
- Dividend Stocks Lag as Investors Load Up on Risk - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Eaton Vance FQ1 Profit Surges 26% - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Citigroup Raises PT to $24 on Eaton Vance - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,372.91 Trade time:10:10AM EDT Value change:▲37.63 (0.25%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.97 Trade time:10:10AM EDT Value change:▲1.68 (0.10%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.62 Trade time:10:10AM EDT Value change:▲0.19 (0.01%)
In The Wires
Southern Company recognized as a top employer for military
AT&T Honored with Frost & Sullivan 2013 Video Company of the Year Award
National Credit Default Rates Fell in April 2013 According to the S&P/Experian Consumer Credit Default Indices
Procter & Gamble's Patent Infringement Lawsuit Refuted By CAO Group
Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
Vail Resorts Closes on Sale of Land at Breckenridge Peak 8 Base for Timeshare Development
Sanwire Corporation Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Aero Networks, LLC
Critical Alerts For SAP, Prudential, FedEx, NetApp, and Foot Locker Released By InvestorsObserver