Apple Worldwide Developers Conference to Kick Off June 11 at Moscone West in San Francisco
Published on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 08:39 Written by TradersHuddle StaffCUPERTINO, Calif.-( Business Wire )-
Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 11 through June 15 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. At this year’s five-day conference, developers will learn about the future of iOS and OS X®, allowing them to build incredible new apps. WWDC will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers as well as the popular Apple Design Awards, a showcase of the most outstanding apps from the past year.
“We have a great WWDC planned this year and can’t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world.”
Developers will be able to explore the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X Mountain Lion and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance, quality and design of their apps. Developers can even bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers, applying development techniques and best-practices to enhance their apps.
Activities at Apple’s WWDC 2012 include:
- more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- 100 hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Please go to the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2012 website (developer.apple.com/wwdc) to purchase tickets, as well as for updates and more information.
Developers who are unable to attend this year’s conference can access and watch all technical sessions from the Apple Developer website (developer.apple.com/videos) as soon as they are posted for free.
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For additional information visit Apple’s PR website (www.apple.com/pr), or call Apple’s Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.
© 2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, OS X, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Is Apple Closing in to Resistance?
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- Is Apple Waiting for a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Apple Is Moving Above Resistance
- Trading Idea: Is Apple Breaking Out?
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
- Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- What You Can Get on Thursday's Black Friday - TheStreet.com
- Good Follow-Through - TheStreet.com
- iPhone 5S for Next Year: Rumor - TheStreet.com
- Why Apple's Stock Is an Undeniable 'Buy' Right Now - TheStreet.com
- Cisco, HP, Apple: Tech Premarket - TheStreet.com
- Are Dividend Stocks Dead? - TheStreet.com
- Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go On an Epic Run - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: DFRG, KMX, DVAX, AAPL - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Restaurant Social Media Management Service Launches In Tampa, Florida
Adam Paul Green, & "Xocai Taiwan" Announces New MXI Corp Xophoria Anti-Aging Spot Treatment, with the Antioxidant Power of Dark Cocoa for Distributors in Tainan City
Credit Card Consolidation Loan Believes Debt Will Go Even Lower As Household Wealth Continues To Rise
What Can Hospital Leaders Learn from a Flock of Geese?
National EMR Expert, Nitin Chhoda, Reveals How to Avoid the Top 10 Causes of Insurance Denial Claims
New LoanLove.com Guide Helps Homeowners Choose The Best Loan Options
How Moving.com has Made Moving Easy with their Newly Revised Website
New Product from Sublime Beauty®: "Pure Pleasure Foot Balm" Can Help With Relaxation This Holiday Weekend