BMO Summer Market Outlook Call
Published on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 12:14 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
TORONTO and CHICAGO, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Historically the North American economy witnesses a market-wide lull during the May to November period; since 1950, the S&P 500 has returned just over 2 percent per year between May-October and more than 8 percent in the November-April period.
However, before Canadian and American investors decide to "sell in May and go away," join investment experts from BMO Financial Group as they share their market outlook and investor strategies heading into the summer months.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Investor Strategies: "Sell in May and go away"- should investors adopt this adage come May 1st?
- Sector/Investment Picks: Are there investing "safe havens" for the May-October period?
- Global outlook: Can China's growth continue to fuel the world economy?
- Euro Update: Will credit conditions continue to unsettle Canadian and U.S. investors?
- Manufacturing Rebound: Will competition in the U.S. manufacturing industry cause a rebound or a slow down?
- Commodities: Will the price of oil continue its climb, and how will instability in the Middle East drive capital market returns?
- Presidential Politics: Will politics trump economics in the U.S.?
- Debt: Is a policy of "financial repression" the answer for what ails the U.S.?
Paul Taylor, Chief Investment Officer, BMO Harris Private Banking & BMO Asset Management (Toronto)
Jack Ablin, Chief Investment Officer, Harris Private Bank (Chicago)
April 26, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. ET
Media are invited to participate through conference call: (416) 340-2218 / 866-226-1793
Participant Passcode: 3744131
The call will be archived at www.bmoharrisprivatebanking.com until May 26, 2012.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines