BMO Summer Market Outlook Call
Published on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 12:14 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
TORONTO and CHICAGO, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Historically the North American economy witnesses a market-wide lull during the May to November period; since 1950, the S&P 500 has returned just over 2 percent per year between May-October and more than 8 percent in the November-April period.
However, before Canadian and American investors decide to "sell in May and go away," join investment experts from BMO Financial Group as they share their market outlook and investor strategies heading into the summer months.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Investor Strategies: "Sell in May and go away"- should investors adopt this adage come May 1st?
- Sector/Investment Picks: Are there investing "safe havens" for the May-October period?
- Global outlook: Can China's growth continue to fuel the world economy?
- Euro Update: Will credit conditions continue to unsettle Canadian and U.S. investors?
- Manufacturing Rebound: Will competition in the U.S. manufacturing industry cause a rebound or a slow down?
- Commodities: Will the price of oil continue its climb, and how will instability in the Middle East drive capital market returns?
- Presidential Politics: Will politics trump economics in the U.S.?
- Debt: Is a policy of "financial repression" the answer for what ails the U.S.?
Paul Taylor, Chief Investment Officer, BMO Harris Private Banking & BMO Asset Management (Toronto)
Jack Ablin, Chief Investment Officer, Harris Private Bank (Chicago)
April 26, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. ET
Media are invited to participate through conference call: (416) 340-2218 / 866-226-1793
Participant Passcode: 3744131
The call will be archived at www.bmoharrisprivatebanking.com until May 26, 2012.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
Related Partner Headlines
- Chris Wolf Joins BMO Harris Bank as Director of Asset Based Lending - Benzinga
- Top 4 Large-Cap Stocks In The Money Center Banks Industry With The Highest EPS - Benzinga
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Market Perform Rating, Raises PT on Bank of Montreal - Benzinga
- Canadian Bank Earnings Season Off to a Strong Start (BNS, BMO, RY) - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Initiates Bank of Montreal at Hold on Slow EPS Growth Outlook - Benzinga
- Bank of Montreal Increases Dividend - Benzinga
- Adela Cepeda Appointed to BMO Board of Directors - Benzinga
- 4 Rock-Ribbed Canadian Bank Stocks - TheStreet.com
- BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Market Perform Rating, $59 PT for Bank of Montreal - Benzinga
- Bank Of Montreal Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (BMO) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com