Taiwan Semiconductor - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Monday, 30 April 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, April 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $413.41, representing -0.6% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 11 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $7.43, which represents 1.36%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $7.21 and resistance at $8.21.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $15.04 representing 0.97% from its previous close. Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets has calculated support and resistance levels at $14.69 and $15.90 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which traded at $30.5 representing 0.49% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) that traded at $15.64 or -3.16% from the previous close. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $14.60 and resistance at $15.45. Also among the worst performers was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which closed at $5.8 representing -2.68% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:18,096.90 Trade time:4:35PM EST Value change:▼106.47 (-0.58%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:2,098.53 Trade time:4:35PM EST Value change:▼9.25 (-0.44%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:4,967.14 Trade time:5:15PM EST Value change:▼12.76 (-0.26%)
In The Wires
GW Pharmaceuticals Commences Phase 1 Clinical Trial of GWP42006 as a Potential Treatment for Epilepsy
NTT Communications and JBA's SDN Project Wins IBC 2013 Innovation Award
Frost & Sullivan Honours Interactive Intelligence with its EMEA Contact Centre Company of the Year Award
AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
$500,000 Shopify Build a Business Competition Has Just Been Announced for 2013
Solomon Associates Hydrocarbon Loss Reduction Seminar Shares Practices that Lead to Significant Savings
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington