Taiwan Semiconductor - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Monday, 30 April 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, April 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $413.41, representing -0.6% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 11 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $7.43, which represents 1.36%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $7.21 and resistance at $8.21.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $15.04 representing 0.97% from its previous close. Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets has calculated support and resistance levels at $14.69 and $15.90 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which traded at $30.5 representing 0.49% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) that traded at $15.64 or -3.16% from the previous close. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $14.60 and resistance at $15.45. Also among the worst performers was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which closed at $5.8 representing -2.68% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Adobe
- Trading Idea: - Is Advanced Micro Devices close to Resistance?
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Approaching Support: Advanced Micro Devices
- Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
- TSMC Solar Commercial-size Modules (1.09 Square Meters) Set CIGS 15.7% Efficiency Record
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: AVGO, NETL, BRCM
- Marvell near Support
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: CREE, MRVL, HITT
- Is Advanced Micro Devices Closing in to Support?
Related Partner Headlines
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (TSM) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- NXP and Other Semiconductors Stocks Making Big Moves on November 15, 2012 - Investopedia
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Freshen Up Summer Menus with Seasonal Flavors and Produce
CIBC Celebrates 15 Years of CIBC Youthvision Scholarships and Over 450 Lives Changed
Pratt & Whitney Announces More Than 1,000 New Engine Orders; Highlights F135 Engine Milestone at 2013 Paris Air Show
Anite Delivers Significant LTE-Advanced Industry Contribution
Alliance Data's Canadian Loyalty Business Announces New Multi-Year Agreement With Eastlink, Canada's Largest Privately-Held Telecommunications Company
Global Superstar Flo Rida Now Partnering With MusclePharm®.
Bankrate: Mortgage Rates Retreat
Cleantech Solutions Receives $2.0 Million in New Orders for Airflow-Dyeing Machines