Taiwan Semiconductor - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Monday, 30 April 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, April 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $413.41, representing -0.6% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 11 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $7.43, which represents 1.36%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $7.21 and resistance at $8.21.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $15.04 representing 0.97% from its previous close. Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets has calculated support and resistance levels at $14.69 and $15.90 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which traded at $30.5 representing 0.49% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) that traded at $15.64 or -3.16% from the previous close. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $14.60 and resistance at $15.45. Also among the worst performers was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which closed at $5.8 representing -2.68% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines