Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Higher: VECO, RBCN, WFR
Published on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 11:52 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, May 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $416.38, representing 0.72% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is exhibiting strong upside with 19 index components on the plus side.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $34.89, which represents 15.57%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $26.50 and resistance at $29.79.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $10.33 representing 9.31% from its previous close. Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows has calculated support and resistance levels at $9.10 and $9.99 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which is trading at $3.73 representing 3.9% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) that is trading at $36.51 or -1.32% from the previous close. Shares of SanDisk, the provider of flash data storage products have defined support at $34.34 and resistance at $38.29. Also among the worst performers is Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU), which is currently trading at $6.53 representing -0.91% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
Is Petrobras Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Boston Beer Breaks Resistance
Rowan Companies Is Near Resistance
FLIR Systems Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Is Avon Expecting Resistance Soon?
Vulcan Is Near its 200 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com