AutoNation Announces April 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 20,534
Published on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 07:27 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
- April 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 12% versus April 2011
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN), America's largest automotive retailer, today announced that its retail new vehicle unit sales in April 2012, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, totaled 20,534, an increase of 12% as compared to April 2011. Retail new vehicle unit sales in April 2012 for AutoNation's operating segments were as follows:
- 6,306 for Domestic, up 9% versus April 2011,
- 10,358 for Import, up 16% versus April 2011, and
- 3,870 for Premium Luxury, up 10% versus April 2011.
AutoNation expects to report May 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales on June 4, 2012.
The information provided in this news release is based on sales reports provided by our stores, including stores acquired since April 2011, to the applicable automotive manufacturers and is provided on a continuing operations basis. These reports are prepared based on the standards established by the applicable automotive manufacturers, which differ from GAAP revenue recognition and other requirements and are based on the time periods set by the automotive manufacturers for reporting monthly sales (which generally differ from the calendar month). As a result, our operating results calculated and presented in accordance with GAAP, including our new vehicle unit sales, may differ materially from any results expressed or implied by the information provided in our monthly sales reports and summarized in this news release and future news releases. In addition, new vehicle unit sales are subject to seasonal trends. Consequently, new vehicle unit sales for a particular month are not necessarily indicative of results to be expected for a full quarter or year. Please refer to our public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including without limitation our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and our subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, for additional information regarding our operations. Investors should not assume that our disclosure of the information in this news release means that we have determined that such information is material to the Company.
About AutoNation, Inc.
AutoNation is transforming the automotive retail industry through bold leadership. We deliver a superior automotive retail experience through our customer-focused sales and service processes. Owning and operating 260 new vehicle franchises, which sell 32 brands across 15 states, AutoNation is America's largest automotive retailer, with state-of-the-art operations and the ability to leverage economies of scale that benefit the customer. As an indication of our leadership position in our industry, AutoNation is a component of the S&P 500 Index. AutoNation is driven to be the best-run, most profitable automotive retailer. Follow us at www.facebook.com/autonation and www.twitter.com/autonation.
SOURCE AutoNation, Inc.
- AutoNation Joins Indy Car Series Champion Ryan Hunter-Reay in Race Against Cancer
- AutoNation Upside Looming?
- Candlesticks - Bearish Engulfing AutoNation
- AutoNation Announces Total Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 22,515 in April 2013
- Candlesticks - Bearish Engulfing AutoNation
- AutoNation Reports All-Time Record Quarterly EPS from Continuing Operations
- AutoNation Announces Total Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 27,199 in March 2013
- AutoNation Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
- Is AutoNation Trade Over?
- AutoNation Names G. Mike Mikan to Board of Directors
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Specialty Retail Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- Scouring for Dents in AutoNation - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: DRI CAG JWN RIMM AN EMC - TheStreet.com
- AutoNation Announces August 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 23,213 - Benzinga
- AutoNation Announces July 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 21,650 Up 14% YoY - Benzinga
- AutoNation Announces June 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 22,862 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Downgrades AutoNation to Sell; Valuation Rich, Flat Expected Growth - Benzinga
- A Peek Into The Market Before The Trading Starts - Benzinga
- AutoNation Pops as New Vehicle Sales Increase 45% - Benzinga
- AutoNation Announces May 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 23,763; +45% YoY - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
With Summer Just Around the Corner, Car Rental Express (CRX) Suggests Some Family-Friendly Water Parks to Visit with Children
Cheap Cash Flow Beach Front Condo For Sale in Indian Rocks, States ARME Realty.com
Rentrak Announces Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of May 19, 2013
Thatsit, Inc. Now Offers Responsive Web Design
Now We're Cookin' Commercial Kitchen and Seminars provide value to Food Incubator Businesses in Chicago area
Online Personal Trainer Advice is Now Available on Expert Advice Website Webponder.com
North Georgia Network Completes High-Speed Fiber Network to the Rabun Business Park
New Wedding Dresses Now Offered by JJsHouse.com, A Leader in Women’s Dresses