AutoNation Announces April 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 20,534
Published on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 07:27 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
- April 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 12% versus April 2011
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN), America's largest automotive retailer, today announced that its retail new vehicle unit sales in April 2012, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, totaled 20,534, an increase of 12% as compared to April 2011. Retail new vehicle unit sales in April 2012 for AutoNation's operating segments were as follows:
- 6,306 for Domestic, up 9% versus April 2011,
- 10,358 for Import, up 16% versus April 2011, and
- 3,870 for Premium Luxury, up 10% versus April 2011.
AutoNation expects to report May 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales on June 4, 2012.
The information provided in this news release is based on sales reports provided by our stores, including stores acquired since April 2011, to the applicable automotive manufacturers and is provided on a continuing operations basis. These reports are prepared based on the standards established by the applicable automotive manufacturers, which differ from GAAP revenue recognition and other requirements and are based on the time periods set by the automotive manufacturers for reporting monthly sales (which generally differ from the calendar month). As a result, our operating results calculated and presented in accordance with GAAP, including our new vehicle unit sales, may differ materially from any results expressed or implied by the information provided in our monthly sales reports and summarized in this news release and future news releases. In addition, new vehicle unit sales are subject to seasonal trends. Consequently, new vehicle unit sales for a particular month are not necessarily indicative of results to be expected for a full quarter or year. Please refer to our public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including without limitation our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and our subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, for additional information regarding our operations. Investors should not assume that our disclosure of the information in this news release means that we have determined that such information is material to the Company.
About AutoNation, Inc.
AutoNation is transforming the automotive retail industry through bold leadership. We deliver a superior automotive retail experience through our customer-focused sales and service processes. Owning and operating 260 new vehicle franchises, which sell 32 brands across 15 states, AutoNation is America's largest automotive retailer, with state-of-the-art operations and the ability to leverage economies of scale that benefit the customer. As an indication of our leadership position in our industry, AutoNation is a component of the S&P 500 Index. AutoNation is driven to be the best-run, most profitable automotive retailer. Follow us at www.facebook.com/autonation and www.twitter.com/autonation.
SOURCE AutoNation, Inc.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines