Worst Performing Dow Component: Alcoa
Published on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, May 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13253, which represents -0.2% versus its previous trading session close, With only 8 of its components trading in positive territory.
Home Depot (NYSE:HD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $52.68 representing 0.69% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Home Depot, the home improvement retailer have defined support at $38.84 and resistance at $52.15.
Kraft (NYSE:KFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $39.91 representing 0.36% from its previous close. Kraft, the maker of Velveeta cheese and Oreo cookies has calculated support and resistance levels at $31.88 and $38.76 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Procter (NYSE:PG), which is trading at $63.74 representing 0.27% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Alcoa (NYSE:AA) that is trading at $9.77 or -2.06% from the previous close. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $9.47 and resistance at $10.24. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $8.16 representing -1.81% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for May delivery is also trading lower at $103.05 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0.78 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1401.53, which represents -0.31% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3054.41 that represents 0.13% from previous session.
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
- Trading Idea: Momentum Building in Procter
- PantoneLIVE Puts P&G Iconic Brand Colors in the Cloud
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Procter & Gamble's Patent Infringement Lawsuit Refuted By CAO Group
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- For Home Depot At Least, The Recovery Looks Real Enough (HD, LOW, DE, RPM) - Investopedia
- The Day Ahead: Are You Acting Like an Elephant? - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $69 on Home Depot on Housing Tailwind - Benzinga
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Home Depot at Market Perform, Raises PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Nomura Raises PT to $63 on Home Depot Following Strong Quarter - Benzinga
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- PNC: Financial Loser - TheStreet.com
- Two CEO Champions - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,292.02 Trade time:3:48PM EDT Value change:▼15.15 (-0.10%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.28 Trade time:3:48PM EDT Value change:▼5.07 (-0.31%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,458.56 Trade time:3:48PM EDT Value change:▼4.74 (-0.14%)
In The Wires
Ascendant Solutions, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2013 Earnings, Earnings per Share and EBITDA
Georgia Power recognized for commitment to diversity by Hispanic Network Magazine
Morguard North American Residential REIT Completes Acquisition of six Multi-Unit Residential Assets in the U.S. for US$232 Million
Hadasit Bio-Holdings Ltd. Portfolio Company - Cell Cure Neurosciences Ltd. Received Additional Government Support
Hubwoo Announces Partnership Program for The Business Network for Microsoft Dynamics®
MGC Diagnostics Corporation to Report Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results on Thursday, May 30, 2013
Coors Light Featuring Ball's Alumi-Tek® Bottle Wins Packaging Association, Canadian Packaging Awards
Flexjet Reports 83 Percent Growth in New Business