Mattress Firm Completes Acquisition of Mattress Giant
Published on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 16:04 Written by TradersHuddle StaffHOUSTON-( Business Wire )-
Mattress Firm Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: MFRM), a leading retailer of mattresses and accessories in the United States, announced the completion of its acquisition of regional bedding company, Mattress Giant Holding Corp. With the acquisition, Mattress Firm expects to operate an additional 180 stores in seven markets throughout Texas and Florida, the two largest states in which Mattress Firm currently operates. As a result of this transaction, Mattress Firm has become the largest bedding retailer of mattresses and accessories in the United States.
Mattress Firm expects to rebrand and transition Mattress Giant stores into Mattress Firm stores and is beginning the process of outfitting the newly acquired stores with Mattress Firm’s product offerings and its unique “Comfort by Color®” merchandising approach. Mattress Giant employees will be trained and educated on Mattress Firm’s selling programs and point of sale systems.
About Mattress Firm
Houston-based Mattress Firm (NASDAQ: MFRM) is a leading bedding retailer offering a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, and bedding accessories from leading manufacturers. With more than 1,000 company-operated and franchised locations across 26 states (including the stores acquired as a result of the Mattress Giant acquisition described above), Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among bedding retailers. Mattress Firm offers customers comfortable store environments, guarantees on price, comfort and service, and highly-trained sales professionals.
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines