Zillow To Acquire RentJuice To Expand Professional Services in Rental Marketplace
Published on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 16:50 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SEATTLE and SAN FRANCISCO, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z), the leading real estate information marketplace, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire RentJuice Corporation, a San Francisco-based company, for $40 million in cash. RentJuice® provides rental relationship management software for landlords, property managers and rental brokers. The transaction is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2012.
More than 5 million current renters visit Zillow® each month on mobile and the Web, searching hundreds of thousands of rental listings. With RentJuice, Zillow adds a broad suite of tools and services for rental professionals, to help them market their inventory to renters and manage client relationships.
"Zillow has spent the last six years building robust marketplaces for real estate and mortgages, and we are in the midst of growing our rental marketplace, which has tremendous potential," said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow CEO. "The acquisition of RentJuice, with its talented team and innovative solutions for rental professionals, propels Zillow's rental marketplace ahead by years. We are very excited to welcome the RentJuice team into Zillow."
RentJuice launched in 2009 and has 31 employees. The company offers a subscription-based suite of marketing and productivity tools for rental professionals, including a customer relationship management platform for managing leads and relationships; rental listings management software and syndication across the Web; consumer credit screening; and an online- and mobile-based secure way for consumers to submit rental applications. RentJuice's mobile app for iOS allows rental professionals to access their database on the go, instantly update property photos and connect with prospective tenants.
"At RentJuice, we are passionate about improving the way the rental market does business, and making the lives of rental professionals easier," said RentJuice CEO David Vivero. "Becoming a part of Zillow will allow us to invest more and innovate faster on behalf of the leasing professionals we support."
RentJuice will be the third acquisition by Zillow. In spring 2011, the company acquired Postlets, a leading online real estate listing creation and distribution platform, and in fall 2011 Zillow acquired Diverse Solutions, which helps real estate agents market their businesses and improve their personal websites. Each of these companies provides valuable services that support Zillow's strategic expansion beyond a traditional media model to offer a suite of marketing and business services to local professionals.
About Zillow, Inc.
Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) is the leading real estate information marketplace, providing vital information about homes, real estate listings and mortgages through its website and mobile applications, enabling homeowners, buyers, sellers and renters to connect with real estate and mortgage professionals best suited to meet their needs. More than 32 million unique users visited Zillow's websites and mobile applications in March 2012. Zillow, Inc. operates Zillow.com®, Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, Zillow Mobile, Postlets® and Diverse Solutions™. The company is headquartered in Seattle.
The Zillow logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10012
Zillow.com, Zillow and Postlets are registered trademarks of Zillow, Inc. Diverse Solutions is a trademark of Zillow, Inc.
RentJuice is a registered trademark of RentJuice Corporation.
SOURCE Zillow, Inc.
- In Almost Two-Thirds Of U.S. Metros, Buying Beats Renting In Three Years Or Less
- Zillow Digs' User-Generated Content Drives Rapid Growth
- Critical Alerts For Ford, Hologic, United Therapeutics, Apollo Group, and Zillow Released By InvestorsObserver
- One-third of Homebuyers Surveyed Are Ill-prepared to Get a Mortgage
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Whole Foods, SodaStream, Green Mountain, Priceline.com & Others
- Bubble Fears Emerge As Experts Predict Home Value Appreciation Will Remain Above 5 Percent This Year
- U.S. Home Value Appreciation Rate Slows in First Quarter, But Values in Some Local Markets Remain at a Boil
- Better Homes and Gardens Metro Brokers and Intero Among 17 Additional Brokerages to Join Zillow Pro for Brokers Program
- Low Mortgage Rates Driving Record Home Affordability, But Prices Relative To Income Exceed Pre-Bubble Norms
- 118 Experts Predict Annual Home Value Growth To Exceed Pre-Bubble Rates Over Next Five Years
Related Partner Headlines
- Zillow Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (Z) - TheStreet.com
- Real Estate Operations Stocks, Including American Capital, Making Big Moves on November 6, 2012 - Investopedia
- Exclusive: Zillow CEO Talks Acquisition, Guidance (Update 1) - TheStreet.com
- Zillow Extends Slide on Weak Q4, Full-Year Revenue Guidance - Benzinga
- 5 Celebrity Homes That Won't Sell - TheStreet.com
- CBL & Associates Properties Among Real Estate Operations' Biggest Movers on October 5, 2012 - Investopedia
- Zillow Inc (Z): Today's Featured Diversified Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Real Estate Operations Stocks, Including Digital Realty Trust, Making Big Moves on October 4, 2012 - Investopedia
- Zillow Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (Z) - TheStreet.com
- National Health Investors and More Big Movers in Real Estate Operations on September 21, 2012 - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,382.62 Trade time:11:56AM EDT Value change:▲28.22 (0.18%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,671.82 Trade time:11:56AM EDT Value change:▲4.35 (0.26%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,508.63 Trade time:11:56AM EDT Value change:▲9.66 (0.28%)
In The Wires
GM Hires Detroit-area High Schoolers to Serve, Learn, Lead
Royalty Pharma Increases Offer for Elan to $12.50 Per Share in All Cash
VASCO Conference Call Cronto Acquisition Dial-In Information
Visteon Experts are "Thinking Outside the Box" and Discussing V2X Technology
United Technologies Releases Study by the Rhodium Group on Economic and Commercial Power of Investing in Energy Efficient Buildings
Hugoton Royalty Trust Declares May Cash Distribution
Marine Petroleum Trust Announces Second Quarter Cash Distribution
Honeywell Turbocharges The Honda Amaze