Video: Applebee's(R) Thank You Movement Brings 101,000 Thank You Cards to Veterans
Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 09:21 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
KANSAS CITY, Mo., May 3, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As part of the Applebee's Thank You Movement, Applebee's team members kicked off Military Appreciation Month yesterday with the delivery of 101,000 Thank You cards – 1,200 pounds of thanks – to the nation's military.
Applebee's guests and team members personalized the cards at nearly 1,900 U.S. restaurants. Applebee's team members then delivered the cards in person to veterans at the headquarters of Disabled American Veterans (DAV) in Cold Spring, Ky.
DAV, a non-profit partner of Applebee's, will distribute the cards to veterans and troops to ensure that each heartfelt expression of thanks is presented to a real American hero. DAV has worked to improve the lives of veterans and their families for more than 90 years and will deliver these messages of thanks through its range of programs, services and publications.
The card delivery is part of the Applebee's Thank You Movement, an ongoing initiative to collect millions of thanks for U.S. veterans and active duty military. So far, the movement has collected more than 2.6 million thank you texts, posts and videos. Military personnel can visit www.thankyoumovement.com to see and hear the genuine thanks from the grateful nation they serve.
"We are proud to provide 101,000 examples of how Applebee's and its guests feel about the men and women of our military," said Mike Scanlon, chief executive officer of Thomas & King, which operates 88 Applebee's in five states. "Just as we benefit from our nation's military every day, we want our veterans and troops to feel appreciated every day. The Applebee's Thank You Movement makes that happen."
The Thank You Movement is a natural extension of Applebee's support of veterans and troops. Since 2009, Applebee's, the world's largest casual dining restaurant chain, has served more than 3 million free thank you meals on Veterans Day.
Applebee's (www.applebees.com) is the world's largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 16 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Mo., Applebee's takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar® is a DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE:DIN) brand, and is franchised and operated by Applebee's Services, Inc. and its affiliates.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines