CORRECTION - Oil Refineries Ltd: Oil Refineries Ltd Reports Downgrade by Standard & Poor's Maalot
Published on Monday, 07 May 2012 10:48 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
HAIFA, Israel, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
In the news release, "Oil Refineries Ltd Reports Downgrade by Standard & Poor's Maalot" issued on 7 May 2012 13:13 GMT, by Oil Refineries Ltd over PR Newswire, we are advised by a representative of the company that the headline was incorrect and should have been "Oil Refineries Ltd Announces Updates in Investment in Gadot". Complete, corrected release follows:
Oil Refineries Ltd Announces Updates in Investment in Gadot
Oil Refineries Ltd. (TASE: ORL.TA) ("Oil Refineries Ltd" or the "Company") Israel's largest integrated refining and petrochemical group, announced that on May 6, 2012 Delek Group Ltd ("Delek") and the Company - as shareholders of Gadot Biochemical Industries Ltd ("Gadot") - entered a non-binding memorandum of understanding with the Fimi Fund regarding a transaction of which the main points are as follows:
1. The Fimi Fund ("Fimi") will invest USD 25 million in Gadot ("the Investment") and in return will be issued share capital representing 71.5% of Gadot's post-investment share capital, and Delek will invest USD 10 million in Gadot whereby it will hold 28.5% of Gadot's post-investment share capital.
2. At the time of closure of the transaction, Gadot's loans from and commercial debts to the existing shareholders, namely Delek and the Company, will be converted into share capital, and the Company shall transfer all its shares in Gadot to Delek.
3. In the memorandum of understanding it is agreed that Gadot will enter into a new agreement with the Company for the purchase of steam at a price to be set in advance, for a maximum period of between 4-5 years. If during the agreed period the price of steam shall rise above the said agreed price, Gadot shall pay the said price and Delek and the Company shall bear the difference in price for part of the period, in proportion to their relative holdings prior to the transaction, and for the rest of the period Delek alone will bear the difference.
4. The Fund obtained exclusivity for a period of 45 days to carry out due diligence and signature of binding agreements.
5. The memorandum of understanding is subject to approval by the Boards of Directors of each of the parties and is not binding - excluding the said undertaking of exclusivity in section 4 above.
The parties will act to sign the binding agreements within 45 days from the date of signature of the memorandum of understanding.
The Company emphasizes that there is no certainty that the binding agreements will be signed. The Company will report in a further Immediate Report following signature of binding documents between the parties, if and when they are signed.
This was a convenience translation from Hebrew. The binding version is the Hebrew only.
About Oil Refineries Ltd.
Oil Refineries Ltd. (ORL), located in the bay area of the city of Haifa, operates Israel's largest integrated refining and petrochemical group. It is one of the leading refineries in the Eastern Mediterranean area and integrates, on-site, petrochemical businesses. ORL runs sophisticated and state-of-the-art industrial facilities with a refining capacity of 9.8 million tons of crude oil per year and a Nelson Complexity Index of 7.4, providing a variety of quality products used in industrial operation, transportation, private consumption, agriculture and infrastructure. Besides production of fuels, the company produces in its wholly owned subsidiaries Polymers (through Carmel Olefins Ltd), Aromatics (through Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd), and Lube-Oils (through Haifa Basic Oils Ltd). The Company's shares are listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange under the ticker ORL. For additional information please visit http://www.orl.co.il.
ORL is controlled by the Israel Corporation Ltd. and Israel Petrochemical Enterprises Ltd., both public companies whose shares are traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
The above noted in this release includes forward-looking statements based on Company data, as well as Company plans and estimations based on this data. The activity, results and other data may be substantially different in reality given uncertainty and various risks, including those discussed under risk factors in the Company's financial statements and Director's reports.
Chief Economist and Head of Investor Relations
Investor Relations Contact:
Ehud Helft / Porat Saar
Tel. (US) +1-646-233-2161 / (Int.) +972-52-776-3687
SOURCE Oil Refineries Ltd
- Oil Refineries Announces Update to Malfunction in a Utilities Unit
- Oil Refineries Announces Convening of Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting
- Oil Refineries Announces Malfunction in a Utilities Unit
- Oil Refineries Announces New Chief Executive Officer
- Oil Refineries Announces Outline to Ensure Stability of Carmel Olefins
- Oil Refineries Schedules First Quarter 2013 Earnings Call for May 20, 2013
Related Partner Headlines
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Ibrutinib Phase 2 Study Results in Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma Published in The New England Journal of Medicine
LG, Qualcomm Expand Successful Collaboration With Next G Series Smartphone
Qualcomm Expands Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Processor Tier
The Jump Manual Review: Reveals Hiller’s Method of Vertical Jump Training
Industry Trailblazer Multifamily Utility Company, Inc. Introduces the Submetering Industry’s First Mobile App for Residents and Managers
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
JMWest LIVE! Celebrates Its Three-Year Anniversary June 25, 2013 at The Roxy Theatre
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu