Top Performing Dow Component: Bank of America
Published on Monday, 07 May 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, May 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13011.6, which represents -0.2% versus its previous trading session close, with 11 of its components trading positively.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $7.87 representing 1.68% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $7.95 and resistance at $8.40.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $43.56 representing 1.47% from its previous close. Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $40.88 and $44.13 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Kraft (NYSE:KFT), which is trading at $39.36 representing 0.27% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Alcoa (NYSE:AA) that is trading at $9.22 or -1.6% from the previous close. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $9.47 and resistance at $10.24. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $97.1 representing -1.36% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for May delivery is also trading lower at $103.05 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0.78 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1369.38, which represents 0.02% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2954.93 that represents -0.05% from previous session.
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- Is There Resistance Above for Alcoa?
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Diamond Foods Valuation Under Pressure - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,285.94 Trade time:3:31PM EDT Value change:▼8.56 (-0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,647.15 Trade time:3:31PM EDT Value change:▼3.36 (-0.20%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,451.33 Trade time:3:31PM EDT Value change:▼8.09 (-0.23%)
In The Wires
Barrick provides update on Pascua-Lama
Kroger Extends Partnership With USO To Support Our Troops
Rangemore negotiates royalty in independent film production
Union Pacific Named One of the 2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by National Business Group on Health
Ford Honors Top Suppliers Around the Globe for Excellence in 2012
BD to Present at the Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Health Care Conference
NextEra Energy delivered strong performance in 2012 and is positioned well for future growth, president and CEO tells shareholders
MDA to provide operational support to Canada's DND to monitor areas of interest around the world