TradersHuddle Scanner - High Volume For Quicksilver Resources
Published on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 11:38 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE:KWK) early in the trading session. The pace in volume of Quicksilver Resources is already above average, with buyers stepping in, as the stock is 4.28% higher.
Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE:KWK) is an exploration and production company engaged in the development and production of long-lived natural gas and oil properties onshore North America. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, the company is widely recognized as a leader in the development and production of natural gas from unconventional reservoirs including shale gas, coal bed methane and tight gas sands.
Quicksilver Resources has already traded 1.02 times its 3-month average volume and has calculated support and resistance at $4.19 and $5.06 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action movement through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading lower by -1.4% from its previous trading close, which means that Quicksilver Resources stock is outperforming the overall market.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines