Dow's Top Performers :DIS, MSFT, WMT
Published on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, May 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12847, which represents -0.66% versus its previous trading session close, with only three of its components trading in green territory.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $45.04 representing 1.67% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $40.88 and resistance at $44.13.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $30.65 representing 0.49% from its previous close. Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software has calculated support and resistance levels at $30.23 and $32.34 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $59.06 representing 0.02% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) that is trading at $40.28 or -2.66% from the previous close. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $41.80 and resistance at $43.99. Also among the worst performers we have General Electric (NYSE:GE), which is trading at $18.83 representing -2.18% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for May delivery is also trading lower at $103.05 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0.78 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1355.97, which represents -0.57% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2933.95 that represents -0.42% from previous session.
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- Dan Bartlett Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs
- Walmart and Sam's Club Celebrate Nationwide Launch to Hire Veterans During its Saluting Heroes Together Event in San Antonio
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: General Electric
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Trading Idea: Is General Electric Breaking Out?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft On The Rise (MSFT, GOOG, EBAY, BRK-B) - Investopedia
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft Stinks (MSFT, NOK, AAPL, GOOG) - Investopedia
- Steven Sinofsky Denies Windows 8 and WP8 Merger Rumor - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wal-Mart Q3 Profit Rises 9% - Benzinga
- Dow Today: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Why's Microsoft's Windows Boss Leaving? A Bad Job Review? - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,285.21 Trade time:1:08PM EDT Value change:▼21.96 (-0.14%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.06 Trade time:1:08PM EDT Value change:▼6.29 (-0.38%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,456.29 Trade time:1:08PM EDT Value change:▼7.01 (-0.20%)
In The Wires
Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange Travel to Latin America
Momentum Named Best in Sports Event and Experiential Marketing at 2013 Sports Business Awards
Epazz, Inc. will file 10k next week and 10q will follow shortly after
Palms Casino Resort Debuts Completely Redesigned Palms.com Website, May 23
ClickSoftware Announces 2013 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be Held on July 8, 2013
AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Boston In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
TELUS welcomes Mobilicity debtholder vote in favour of acquisition
2013 Hurricane Season Activity Predicted To Be Above Average