Valener announces that Gaz Métro has closed its private placement of senior secured notes
Published on Tuesday, 15 May 2012 18:48 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
MONTREAL, May 15, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Valener Inc. ("Valener") (TSX: VNR) announced today that Gaz Métro inc. ("GMi") has completed its previously announced private placement of U.S.$260 million aggregate principal amount of 3.86% senior secured notes due 2022 and 5.06% senior secured notes due 2042 (together, the "Notes") to certain institutional investors in the United States and Canada. The Notes are secured by a guarantee as to payment of principal and interest by Gaz Métro Limited Partnership ("Gaz Métro"), together with collateral security backed by the assets of GMi and Gaz Métro.
Proceeds from the private placement will be loaned by GMi to Gaz Métro on substantially similar terms as to interest rate and maturity, and will be used by Gaz Métro to partially fund its acquisition of Central Vermont Public Service Corporation (NYSE-CV, "CVPS"). In the event that the CVPS acquisition does not occur, proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes. The acquisition of CVPS was approved by a very strong majority of CVPS's common shareholders at a meeting held on September 29, 2011. The acquisition is also subject to the approval of U.S. federal and state regulators, and is expected to be completed by spring or summer of 2012.
The Notes have not been registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration under the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
Overview of Valener, Gaz Métro and GMi
Valener owns an economic interest of approximately 29% in Gaz Métro. Valener therefore has a stake in the energy industry and benefits from Gaz Métro's diversified profile, both in terms of geography and business segment. Valener also owns an indirect interest of 24.5% in the wind power projects developed with Gaz Métro and Boralex inc. on the private lands of Séminaire de Québec. Valener may also pursue its own development projects and acquisition strategies subject to a non-competition agreement in favour of Gaz Métro and to applicable limitations under its credit facility. Valener's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the "VNR" trading symbol. www.valener.com.
With over $3.8 billion in assets as at March 31, 2012, Gaz Métro is Quebec's leading natural gas distributor. Its more than 10,000-kilometre network serves 300 municipalities. Gaz Métro has operated in this regulated industry since 1957 and is the trusted energy provider of its customers in Quebec and Vermont, who choose natural gas for its competitive price, efficiency, comfort and environmental benefits. Gaz Métro is also present in the electricity distribution market, natural gas transportation and storage, and in the development of innovative energy projects such as wind power, natural gas as fuel for the transportation industry and biomethanation. Gaz Métro is committed to the satisfaction of its customers, its Partners (GMi and Valener), its employees and the communities it serves. www.gazmetro.com.
GMi mainly holds an economic interest of approximately 71% in Gaz Métro, for which it acts as the General Partner and a financing vehicle.
SOURCE VALENER INC.
- Valener declares its quarterly dividends
- Valener announces its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2013
- Valener announces the broadcast of its financial results and those of Gaz Métro for the second quarter of the 2013 fiscal year
- Valener announces that Gaz Métro has closed its private placement of senior secured notes
- Valener announces the live broadcast of its annual meeting of shareholders
- Valener declares its quarterly dividends
- Valener announces its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2013
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Bank of America Resumes Vanguard Natural Resources at Neutral Post Deal - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources Closes Offering of 6.9M Shares at $27.51 - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources Announces Pricing of Its Public Offering of 6,000,000 Common Units - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources Announces Offering of 6M Common units - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources to Acquire Natural Gas and Liquids Properties in the Arkoma Basin - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources LLC Stock Upgraded (VNR) - TheStreet.com
- Vanguard Natural Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (VNR) - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: Wunderlich Securities Comments on Vanguard Natural Resources - Benzinga
- Vanguard Natural Resources LLC Stock Downgraded (VNR) - TheStreet.com
- Vanguard Natural Resources Announces Exchange of Vanguard's Ownership in Entities Holding Appalachian Assets for 1.9M VNR Common Units - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
SAP to Work With Specialisterne to Employ People With Autism
Philips CX50 xMATRIX now offers world-class interventional and diagnostic features on single portable system
GigaMedia's Cloud Business Hits New Strategic Milestone: Expansion Into Government Sector
HGST Launches The Highest Capacity Hard Drive For The Mainstream Mobile Market
Social Media and Digital Agencies Will Vanish Within Ten Years
DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims