InterDigital Innovation Challenge Finalists Announced
Published on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 16:36 Written by TradersHuddle StaffSAN DIEGO-( Business Wire )-
The finalists of the InterDigital Innovation Challenge (I2C), a student wireless engineering competition organized by InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) and the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2) at the University of California, San Diego, were announced yesterday evening. The finalists – 11 teams from across the United States and Canada – will now progress through the competition and vie for $175,000 in total prize money.
The finalist announcement was made at the Commnexus Industry Leaders event highlighting InterDigital’s technology. At the event, Naresh Soni, InterDigital’s Chief Technology Officer, and James Nolan, Executive Vice President, Research & Development, discussed the LTE landscape and specific strategies for addressing content, bandwidth and spectrum issues before an audience of more than 100 engineers and technology executives.
The finalists of the InterDigital Innovation Challenge are:
- Airshark – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- AmbNet – Université Laval
- Cognitive Power Management – UC Irvine
- DataMiser – Rutgers University
- Intelligent RF Sensor – Wright State University
- Mobile 3D Video System – UC San Diego
- Null Space Learning Algorithms – Stanford University
- Signet Ring – Rutgers University
- Ultrasonic Wireless Sensors – Columbia University
- Wireless Imaging System – UC Berkeley
- Wireless Media Express – University of Waterloo
“The InterDigital Innovation Challenge has been a tremendous success so far, with technically advanced submissions from a number of high-profile universities. All the teams in the competition distinguished themselves with the high technical level of their proposals, and the finalists represent the best of a very strong field,” said Mr. Soni.
The teams now proceed to the incubation period of the competition, where they will make further submissions in support of their proposals in the form of code, analysis, simulations models, prototypes and/or platforms, as requested by the judging panel. Finalists will have until July 13, 2012 to complete their submissions. The winners of the InterDigital Innovation Challenge will be announced on September 21, 2012 at GigaOM’s Mobilize conference in San Francisco.
InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines