Meritor WABCO Electronic Stability Control System Can Help OEMs Meet the Requirements of NHTSA's New Commercial Vehicle Proposal
Published on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 17:33 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
TROY, Mich., May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems has confirmed that its SmarTrac™ Electronic Stability Control (ESC) product has the technology to help ensure that truck tractors and motorcoaches are able to meet the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)-proposed standard on electronic stability control systems for heavy vehicles.
The system was first introduced by Meritor WABCO in 2005 and combines Roll Stability Control (RSC) and yaw or rotational control. ESC can reduce the risk of vehicle instability while on slippery surfaces or taking evasive action, limiting the likelihood of jack-knife and drift-out conditions. If a potential rollover risk is detected, tractor-trailer speed is reduced through engine control and application of the engine brake, tractor and trailer foundation brakes. Currently, Meritor WABCO has installed more than 150,000 SmarTrac stability control products on commercial vehicles in North America.
"At Meritor WABCO, we take extreme pride in putting safety first and have long been at the forefront of ESC technology in North America," said Jon Morrison, president and general manager, Meritor WABCO. "We continue to develop leading technology that will help our customers save lives, save property, and make our highways safer. We agree with NHTSA's recognition of the benefits of ESC technology."
About Meritor WABCO
Meritor WABCO is a North American joint venture focused on the development and delivery of proven, integrated safety technology and efficiency components. These include braking systems and controls, active safety systems, and suspension and control systems for commercial vehicles in North America. Two leading global suppliers back Meritor WABCO, each with more than 100-year legacies. Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR), a supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets, provides the JV the industry's most extensive service and support network; while WABCO Automotive Control Systems, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WABCO Holdings, Inc. provides breakthrough technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. For more information, visit meritorwabco.com.
SOURCE Meritor WABCO
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines