Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: VECO, NVDA, POWI
Published on Thursday, 17 May 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, May 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $371.43, representing -2.21% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 24 index components on the negative side.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $34.97, which represents 1.92%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $26.50 and resistance at $37.87.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $12.85 representing 0.9% from its previous close. NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.12 and $13.68 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI), which traded at $42.19 representing 0.26% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that traded at $1.68 or -21.13% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $2.13 and resistance at $3.77. Also among the worst performers was Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD), which closed at $6.13 representing -4.15% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Boeing Flies First 787-9 Dreamliner
- Boeing Announces Montana Site Expansion and 787-10 Work
- Critical Alerts For Micron Technology, Caterpillar, Nike, Seagate Technology, and Humana Released By InvestorsObserver
- Is Apple Breaking Down?
- Boeing Forecasts Growing Need for New Pilots in Asia Pacific Region
- Caterpillar Inc. Group President and Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Citi 2013 US and European Industrials Conference on September 17; Webcast Available
- Apple is Near a Key Support Area
- Is Apple Close to Probable Support
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Boeing Forecasts China's Fleet to Triple Over Next 20 Years
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines