NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: BIDU, AAPL, FFIV, ROST, INFY
Published on Monday, 21 May 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, May 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2531.23, which represents 2.13% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $121 representing 4.88% from its previous trading session. Shares of Baidu, the largest Chinese Internet search engine have defined support at $120.95 and resistance at $152.85.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $553.38 representing 4.34% from its previous close. Apple, the maker of iPhones and iPads, has calculated support and resistance levels at $558.73 and $618 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV), which is trading at $117.13 representing 3.92% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST), which is trading at $59.27 or -2.29% from the prior close. Shares of Ross Stores, the off-price apparel retailer have defined support at $60.4 and resistance at $63.74. Also among the worst performers Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ:INFY), which is trading at $42.37 representing -1.17% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12465.2, which represents 0.77% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1310.68 that represents 1.19% from its previous close.
- Candlesticks - Bearish Engulfing Ross Stores
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- Shares of F5 Networks Hesitating?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Is Apple Waiting for a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- Trading Idea - Baidu A Doji Close
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
- Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- What You Can Get on Thursday's Black Friday - TheStreet.com
- Good Follow-Through - TheStreet.com
- iPhone 5S for Next Year: Rumor - TheStreet.com
- Why Apple's Stock Is an Undeniable 'Buy' Right Now - TheStreet.com
- Cisco, HP, Apple: Tech Premarket - TheStreet.com
- Are Dividend Stocks Dead? - TheStreet.com
- Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go On an Epic Run - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: DFRG, KMX, DVAX, AAPL - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. Announces The Annual Board of Director Election Results
Kingsway Announces Acquisition of HVAC Warranty Business
Heska Corporation to Present at the Stifel Dental & Veterinary Conference
Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. Announces Upsizing And Pricing Of Public Offering Of Class A Common Stock
CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SNC-Lavalin retains investment grade rating
The Laclede Group Prices Public Offering of Common Stock
AccelerateOTT: Revving Up Ottawa’s Startup Engine; a Community Led Event Hosted by Invest Ottawa and the C100