CEVA, Inc. Joins Wi-Fi Alliance® to Further Advocate for a Software-based Wi-Fi® Strategy
Published on Tuesday, 22 May 2012 07:21 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets, today announced that it has joined the Wi-Fi Alliance® to further advocate for a software-based Wi-Fi® strategy. This follows on from the company's recent announcement of a new software-based, reference architecture targeting multi-mode Wi-Fi 802.11 mobile stations (STA) and access points (AP) together with partner Antcor, S.A. CEVA's Wi-Fi reference architecture is based on the new CEVA-XC4000 DSP architecture framework and is ideal for cost-efficient, ultra-low power applications.
"We congratulate CEVA, Inc. on becoming a member of Wi-Fi Alliance," said Edgar Figueroa, CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "By joining our organization, CEVA has demonstrated its commitment to advancing Wi-Fi technology while preserving a great user experience."
"The advent of the next generation of Wi-Fi standards including 802.11ac poses new challenges for the development of multi-standard, high performance Wi-Fi enabled SoCs," said Eran Briman, vice president of marketing at CEVA. "The continuous evolvement of these standards together with greater processing requirements dictates a new silicon design approach that will enable semiconductor companies to reduce development time, minimize risk and also extend products' life-cycle. CEVA believes that a software-based Wi-Fi approach based on the CEVA-XC4000 DSP architecture framework is the optimal way to address both the performance and flexibility issues with current hardwired designs and we look forward to sharing our expertise in this area with the Wi-Fi Alliance and its members."
The CEVA-XC4000 is a fully programmable low-power DSP architecture framework supporting the most demanding communication standards including LTE-Advanced, LTE and HSPA+, alongside Wi-Fi, DTV demodulation, white space, smart grid and more. The CEVA-XC4000 architecture is offered in a series of six fully programmable DSP cores, offering modem developers a wide spectrum of performance capabilities while complying with the most stringent power constraints. Built around the highly successful CEVA-XC DSP architecture with more than 15 design wins to date, the CEVA-XC4000 delivers up to a 5X performance improvement for the most demanding communication standards over previous CEVA-XC DSPs, while consuming 50% less power. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com/ceva-xc4000.html.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (HD video, Image Signal Processing (ISP) and HD audio), voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2011, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 1 billion devices and powers handsets from every top handset OEM, including Nokia, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony, Huawei and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.
SOURCE CEVA, Inc.
- CEVA, Inc. Announces Upcoming Schedule of Events with the Financial Community
- CEVA, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- REMINDER: CEVA, Inc. First Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call Set for May 2
- CEVA Introduces World's First Software-Based Super-Resolution Technology for Low Energy Mobile Applications
- CEVA Introduces AMF™ - Android Multimedia Framework for Energy Efficient Multi-Core Systems
- Leadcore Technology License CEVA DSP Technologies for Mobile Devices
- CEVA, Inc. Schedules First Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- CEVA DSPs Continue to Lead the Way at Mobile World Congress
- DSP Group License CEVA Audio DSP for HDClear Voice Enhancement Solution
- CEVA and Mindspeed Extend Relationship to Address LTE-Advanced Small Cells
Related Partner Headlines
- Stocks Hitting 52-Week Lows - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Barclays Reiterates Overweight on CEVA - Benzinga
- Cantor Fitzgerald Comments on CEVA Launches - Benzinga
- CEVA Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (CEVA) - TheStreet.com
- CEVA Inc. Stock Downgraded (CEVA) - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates CEVA Buy, $40 PT - Benzinga
- Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Buy on CEVA - Benzinga
- Wunderlich Lowers PT on CEVA to $36 - Benzinga
- CEVA Rises On Unusually High Volume (CEVA) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Survey Copter Flies to Stratasys for 3D Printing of UAV Systems
India Construction Chemicals Market Set to Surpass USD 1.13 Billion Revenues by 2018 Says TechSci Research
Maharishi University of Management to Graduate Largest Class; 2013 Awards Ceremony to be Webcast
Texas Legislature Proposes New Veterans Benefits
Appigo Launches New Todo Pro App for Android on Google Play with Task Management and Collaboration for Business and Teams
NanoMaterials’ NanoLub RC-X Extreme Pressure Lubricants for Motorbikes to be Distributed in Vietnam by Linh Phan Co. Ltd.
Commercial Pressure Washer Debuted By Daimer Industries For Wheelchair Cleaning
New Melograno Dinnerware Collection Added for Stylish Home Decor