Boyd Gaming: Time for the Bulls?
Published on Tuesday, 22 May 2012 07:54 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE:BYD) ended the trading session higher by $0.25 or 3.6% from its previous close. Boyd's price action developed what can be considered a reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer bottom, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of a downtrend. The tweezer bottom is considered a reversal pattern, so traders will need to monitor the price action for confirmation.
Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE:BYD) owns and operates several gaming properties throughout the United States. It uses names like Fremont, The Orleans, Sams Town, and Gold Coast to market its properties. The company also operates entertainment, restaurants, shopping, and recreational facilities on its properties.
Traders looking for an entry in Boyd Gaming can use the tweezers as a good reference point to establish the long position, as the pattern provides defined risk by giving a good reference point for support.
Traders look for tweezer bottoms, as they provide an entry with a small defined risk. They are a leading indicator that provide an alert for a trend reversal or stabilization. The tweezers imply that bears or sellers were not able to push the stock lower, therefore providing the opportunity to look for a bounce. Below an example of a Tweezer Bottom reversal pattern:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:17,702.85 Trade time:12:35PM EDT Value change:▼55.06 (-0.31%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:2,072.63 Trade time:12:35PM EDT Value change:▼4.79 (-0.23%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:4,995.90 Trade time:12:35PM EDT Value change:▼17.22 (-0.34%)
In The Wires
GW Pharmaceuticals Commences Phase 1 Clinical Trial of GWP42006 as a Potential Treatment for Epilepsy
NTT Communications and JBA's SDN Project Wins IBC 2013 Innovation Award
Frost & Sullivan Honours Interactive Intelligence with its EMEA Contact Centre Company of the Year Award
AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
$500,000 Shopify Build a Business Competition Has Just Been Announced for 2013
Solomon Associates Hydrocarbon Loss Reduction Seminar Shares Practices that Lead to Significant Savings
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington