Boyd Gaming: Time for the Bulls?
Published on Tuesday, 22 May 2012 07:54 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE:BYD) ended the trading session higher by $0.25 or 3.6% from its previous close. Boyd's price action developed what can be considered a reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer bottom, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of a downtrend. The tweezer bottom is considered a reversal pattern, so traders will need to monitor the price action for confirmation.
Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE:BYD) owns and operates several gaming properties throughout the United States. It uses names like Fremont, The Orleans, Sams Town, and Gold Coast to market its properties. The company also operates entertainment, restaurants, shopping, and recreational facilities on its properties.
Traders looking for an entry in Boyd Gaming can use the tweezers as a good reference point to establish the long position, as the pattern provides defined risk by giving a good reference point for support.
Traders look for tweezer bottoms, as they provide an entry with a small defined risk. They are a leading indicator that provide an alert for a trend reversal or stabilization. The tweezers imply that bears or sellers were not able to push the stock lower, therefore providing the opportunity to look for a bounce. Below an example of a Tweezer Bottom reversal pattern:
- Lululemon Is Near Resistance
- Is Lululemon Breaking Down?
- Lululemon Is Approaching Important Moving Averages
- Playing the Setup in Lululemon
- Lululemon Is Close to Resistance
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Lululemon
- Is Lululemon Setting up for a Break Out?
- Lululemon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Lululemon Is Close to Important Price Levels
- Trading Idea: Is Lululemon close to Support?
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines